PDA

View Full Version : 4-25 Bull Moose

riflebuilder
07-06-2008, 10:02 AM
I got lucky and drew a 4-25 moose tag. I am thinking that the 340 will get some more use. I know the moose here are actually Shiras and not as big as the Canadain sub species or those way up north by the Yukon. Does anyone have any experince with throphy quality in this area? I would love to get a walll hanger as would everyone. My question is should I pass on any smaller bulls? If the area doesn't have many big bulls I should take a good meat bull as that is the first and foremost reason to shoot a swamp donkey. All the bulls that I have seen in the Columbia valley have been small racks. So any info would be greatly appreciated.

bayou
07-06-2008, 11:51 AM
that zone can have a couple decent bulls in it but if looking specificlly for a larger antlered southern B.C. moose there is a lot better zones to choose from. Ive seen some good sheds found by bear hunters outa some of the road closure areas though. Send a pm with what size bull your looking for and I can try and help with a few spots but if your happy with the meat I would tend to be leaning towards the first decent bull, but then again with the 10 extra days this year it may help alot also hope for an early snow

riflebuilder
07-07-2008, 06:13 AM
that's kinda what I thought, thanks for the info. I will pm you about some specifics.

07-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I used to hunt in 4-25 for deer and elk. I have seen bull moose in there, but they were all quite small antlered.

Edit: that was over 15 years ago.