PDA

View Full Version : Edziza??

mudbud
07-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Anyone hunted Edziza,

Looking for info on best lakes to access, where the Sheep/Caribou hide etc etc!

Thanks all! Happy HUnting

180grainer
07-05-2008, 06:10 PM
You can fly into either the Modadde, (not sure if I'm spelling that correctly) or buckly lake. From the Modadde there is a trail leading right up to a large basin which you must crest. After that you are on the sinder flats. Never been into Buckley. It's a good hike but an awesome place.

Avalanche123
07-05-2008, 07:07 PM
I have been in there a few times...awesome country. Buckley Lake is in the north end of the Park and Mowdade is at the south end. From what I gathered the south end is your best bet. Count on a full day to gain alpine from the lake and you may very well end up with very wet feet once you hit alpine. You follow a horse trail which has literally turned areas of the trail into a total mud bog witn no options to get around it. In addition, depending on water levels, you have three creek crossings. The first and second have a bridge but the bridge on the first one is too short so.....The last bridge was taken out by an avalanche a few yrs ago and not fixed. There is a horse camp 3/4's the way up the valley, you may want to camp there your first night. Once you gain the true alpine the trail finally drys out...start looking for sheep! What I found was most of the sheep were to the south of the trail in the Specturm Range.
Hope this helps...if you need more info, PM me.