PDA

View Full Version : LEH Help!!!!

todbartell
07-04-2008, 11:48 PM
HELP!!!! I drew an LEH and have NO IDEA where the zone is, or HOW TO HUNT IT!

PLEASE, if ANYONE can HELP ME, it will be much appreciated

:mrgreen:

fireman357
07-04-2008, 11:58 PM
what is the LEH number?

todbartell
07-05-2008, 12:00 AM
I dont KNOW THAT, I LOST my synopsis! :-|

HELP!!!!

Gateholio
07-05-2008, 12:01 AM
I am tempted to move this thread to OFF TOPIC, but it so comical, and so RELEVENT. that I just HAVE to leave it...:cool:

Only thing I would add for additional comedy is: "I've posted 15 times, please help with my LEH"

:cool::lol::wink:

fireman357
07-05-2008, 12:06 AM
what was the 4 digit number I'll look it up for you

BlacktailStalker
07-05-2008, 12:12 AM
This is a good start by posting, somebody on here will know.
Be patient, bump the thread as often as you need to find what you are looking for.
Eventually somebody will tell you where your zone is, which road will lead to the game animal you were drawn for, where you will then conveniently find what you are looking for tied to a tree after minimal time and effort on your part.
My only advice is that you'll need a top of the line tasco scope mounted on a 10 gauge slug gun for most hunting as there is a constant threat of marauding bears while hunting in B.C
When you spot your quarry, go for the texas heart shot, they'll never see it coming.

todbartell
07-05-2008, 12:12 AM
6003!!!!!!!!

fireman357
07-05-2008, 12:15 AM
one min i'll look for you

todbartell
07-05-2008, 12:17 AM
thanks. Also if you could look at the roads around there, and get topo maps for me that'd be great!

Ambush
07-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Awesome Man, Me TOO. Can we hook up, as I have never hunted wombats before and wouldn't know an average one from a cranker.

Can you supply all gear and cook??

rishu_pepper
07-05-2008, 12:22 AM
bartell needs help? Is this a joke thread? :biggrin:

todbartell
07-05-2008, 12:27 AM
ok I dont have any maps with me, could someone email me some maps on the area, I have NO CLUE where this is exactly. Now, how do you hunt sheep? Ive never hunted anything other than grouse, my cousin once shot at a bear, and Ive never gutted a thing. Are sheep the critters with the curly horns?

Srupp? can you hand draw me a map?

THANKS! (I LOVE HOW HELPFUL HBC IS! GREAT SITE!)

Gateholio
07-05-2008, 12:29 AM
The area is far from your home. I wouldn't even bother going to hunt there.

todbartell
07-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Well Gatehouse you could be right, it IS far from home and gas IS expensive! Heck, I'm so tickled that I won a draw, the hunt is secondary!

I have to go to bed now, I look forward to waking up tomorrow and checking my PM's and emails with all the helpful info from you guys! :D

gnite

Gateholio
07-05-2008, 12:37 AM
The hunt is ALWAYS secondary to drawing the tag..That is why so many people put in for tags with ZERO preparation.

Smokepole
07-05-2008, 01:13 AM
6003!!!!!!!!

I've drawn that exact same tag twice in the last 6 years. I know, now you guys are going to tell me if I would enter draws with lower odds I'd be more successful. I'm not very lucky, I hardly ever win anything.:sad: The first time I went I didn't know what I was doing or where to go so I just drove around in my truck. It worked pretty good for me, seen lots of legal animals but most of them were too far from the road. Finally, after spending $20 on gas:-x, I found a nice young one close to the road.8-) After all every animal is a trophy, right guys?

The second time I drew that tag I had to go to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned, and my truck needed an oil change so I didn't bother going.

hunter1947
07-05-2008, 04:42 AM

All I can say is get some medical help ,if so you might get back on the right track ,LOL.:lol::lol:.

rocksteady
07-05-2008, 04:42 AM
Are you drinkin again Bartell???

Time for celebrity rehab....:eek:

Fisher-Dude
07-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Something's wrong Toddler. My synopsis says that 6003 is only open to hunters 18 years of age and older. I can't figure out how you got drawn. Don't they have your birthdate on file at the LEH office? Figures, government screws up again. :mad: Or did you use fake ID?

boxhitch
07-05-2008, 07:33 AM
I am tempted to move this thread to OFF TOPIC, .It actually belongs in the Youth/Newbie forum, with all the others seeking information.

Or is it a desparate cry for attention??

Dirty
07-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Hi this is my first post. I demand you give me GPS coordinates where to hunt ducks and pheasants in the Lower Mainland. As always I will say "thanks" in a fashion suggesting I am truly appreciative of the information. Afterwards please help Mr. Bartell with his LEH problem.

Brambles
07-05-2008, 08:37 AM
I have a feeling Bartell is making a funny about all the other guys on this site who apply for areas that they have absolutly no idea about, and then pump everyone for info.

I think its hilarious......I could sensce the sarcasm as soon as I started reading his thread.

Good one TB

Kody94
07-05-2008, 08:56 AM

6003!!!!!!!!

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/anim_rofl2.gif

Too rich! Thanks. :D

Cheers,
4ster

Poguebilt
07-05-2008, 09:00 AM
This tread is so funny and so so true!!!

sealevel
07-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Everyone knows where that is. Just go around yonder mountain and turn at the bug kill pine you can`t miss it.

NaStY
07-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Quick call assurance. Bartell has fallen and he cant get up :eek::eek::eek:

elkdom
07-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Lots of camo, use lots of good expensive camo gear,even take camo toilet paper! there are no 'TREE's' where your unknown LEH hunt is ,so I would suggest you buy only "NO TREE'S" camo gear! GOOD LUCK! p.s. watch out for 'tree' planters, they usually are a bit stinkee and look rather odd,but they are basically harmless!

Stresd
07-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I have a feeling Bartell is making a funny about all the other guys on this site who apply for areas that they have absolutly no idea about, and then pump everyone for info.

I think its hilarious......I could sensce the sarcasm as soon as I started reading his thread.

Good one TB

My thoughts exactly8-):lol: I Never did understand why someone would Dump an LEH app into an area that they knew S.F.A. about.

A Well done parody todBartell:cool:

TIKA 300
07-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Isnt that part of CABELLAS # in Lacey Washington ????? LOL,ifin it is youll have one hell of a drive for huntin......... :wink:

Elkhound
07-05-2008, 10:04 AM
My god how did I miss this one. LMAO

srupp
07-05-2008, 10:13 AM
HMMM the ONLY unfunny aspect of this is making fun of SRUPPS willingness to help...didnt know it would open me up to ridicule....

Oh well......sheeeeesh

Steven

Elkhound
07-05-2008, 10:16 AM
HMMM the ONLY unfunny aspect of this is making fun of SRUPPS willingness to help...didnt know it would open me up to ridicule....

I guess your maps are good:wink:

Kechika
07-05-2008, 10:17 AM

Oh well......sheeeeesh

Steven

Its not all about you Steven:p

BCLongshot
07-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Same people that drop a bear that's so small it's ridiculous and POST THE PICTURES AND THEN ENTER IT IN THE BLOODY CONTEST !!!

Gateholio
07-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Easy guys, it's just a bit of humour....:D:cool:

boxhitch
07-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Personally, I don't understand all the cynicism.
What is this site about, if it isn't to be a source of information to all hunters ?
Obviosly, some members don't mind giving out some help to others, and others choose to ignore the pleas. So what ?
TB must just be pissy bcuz no one has asked a reloading question for a couple of days.

As far as the fact that lots of Newbie hunters are applying for LEH, well what is to be expected with all the hype on this site driving the interest up during the off-season ? Of course the frenzy whips up everyones interest. Again, so what ?
There are lots of regular posters that have wasted a draw or two also ;)

Wildcowgrl
07-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I don't know whether to laugh or be scared with ppl like that in the bush lmao:eek:

todbartell
07-05-2008, 11:45 AM
sure, the info is great. I just find it a bit funny that guys who have 0.02 post per day average since joining this site pipe up only after LEH results are out then they get their info and go back to lurking for the next 50 weeks...

enjoy! :)

07-05-2008, 11:48 AM
TB, not everyone has the fortune of having relatives who own lots of private land to hunt on!:p

Wildcowgrl
07-05-2008, 11:54 AM
sure, the info is great. I just find it a bit funny that guys who have 0.02 post per day average since joining this site pipe up only after LEH results are out then they get their info and go back to lurking for the next 50 weeks...

I have just found this site to join hence the reason for so few posts. I just think if you are putting in for a hunt you should at least have some info on the area. you can buy backroad maps just about anywhere and you obviously have access to the internet so you can get the info there to. The government has a site where you can buy maps of the area and you can also check out your local library.

rishu_pepper
07-05-2008, 12:15 PM
TB, not everyone has the fortune of having a girlfriend who own lots of private land to hunt on!:p

Fixed, applies to TB. :lol:

threedhunter
07-05-2008, 12:33 PM
barts, if by chance you actually did draw 6003, ya better run right out and buy a lotto ticket on the us superball.odds were684-1on 6003.so,how big is the lamb-er ram you are going after?:razz:

browningboy
07-06-2008, 07:54 AM
I drew the similar fate but an Island Elk, wondering where this island is, and will my .222 do the job with 34 grain factory load bullets, I 've practised hard, but with all this excitment I keep dropping my rifle and I can't seem to zero it in, but it will hit a rock face at 100 yards! What type of conditions should I pack for?
Most of all, what the heck is an elk?????:eek:;)

Fisher-Dude
07-06-2008, 08:18 AM
I drew the similar fate but an Island Elk, wondering where this island is, and will my .222 do the job with 34 grain factory load bullets, I 've practised hard, but with all this excitment I keep dropping my rifle and I can't seem to zero it in, but it will hit a rock face at 100 yards! What type of conditions should I pack for?
Most of all, what the heck is an elk?????:eek:;)

Those Island Roosies are as big as a rock face, so you should be able to nail one without a problem. Just aim in the general direction and you'll dump him Brownie. Or, use a crossbow, 'cause Onesock lives on the Island and would love to see you dump that elk at 100 yards with one.

browningboy
07-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Those Island Roosies are as big as a rock face, so you should be able to nail one without a problem. Just aim in the general direction and you'll dump him Brownie. Or, use a crossbow, 'cause Onesock lives on the Island and would love to see you dump that elk at 100 yards with one.

As usual I'll be seeing double and I'll do you proud father! By the way, should I use the fufu arrows or the sharp ones?

Fisher-Dude
07-06-2008, 08:23 AM
As usual I'll be seeing double and I'll do you proud father! By the way, should I use the fufu arrows or the sharp ones?

The ones with the rubber cup on the end. Lick it before you shoot so it sticks.

browningboy
07-06-2008, 08:27 AM
The ones with the rubber cup on the end. Lick it before you shoot so it sticks.

LOL! I'll have to get one on each eye so he can't see, then leash him and bring him home to keep him fresh!

abbyfireguy
07-06-2008, 08:34 AM
You guys crack me up...
Should have an alcohol detector on your computer to pre-screen all the booze induced posts...:eek:
But then, it wouldn't be as funny for all us tea drinkers....:wink:

newhunterette
07-06-2008, 08:51 AM
oh for monkeys sake - people just remember the source the thread was started by - TB is one of the most smart assed warped people on the site although he is a wave of information in the rifle and reloading department and a great big tease - the minute you open this thread you know he was making an attempt of sarcasm to be funny - that is is his style and y'all shold be used to it

good on ya Todbartell - keep up the good work - Rishu needs his idol :)

hehehehehehe

Brambles
07-06-2008, 08:57 AM

Exactly, good point TB

bsa30-06
07-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Bartell strikes again.That was Funny.

300H&H
07-06-2008, 10:43 AM
6003!!!!!!!!

I think this is the code for chipmunks. Not sure but maybe even goppher. Would you get it mounted ? Good luck just the same.

ruger#1
07-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Wow im glad Tod is getting help with his LEH, can you guys help me to.

wolverine
07-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Oune of the funnyist tkangs Ive' ever saw in herr Tobb!! Isntt sarkasm grate?! Kepp up the goud wirk Tabb. Luvved it!

3kills
07-06-2008, 07:32 PM
good thread for sure lol...mind u did ask for some help on my moose draw but i want more of an idea on where to start like a campin spot and maybe a road or two..i will put my own best effort forward as w ell to dump a moose...

Mark_S
07-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Make sure you use Match Kings. They Work like Lightning on Sheep.

slowkey
07-06-2008, 11:26 PM
6003 !!! well that's easy

go down Budweiser FSR (really easy to find look for the cans) about 4 hours , the road keeps going but thats ok stop anyways and setup your tree stand over looking the road!!! of course you'll get ticked off when everyone drives into your hunting spot !! oh yeah you need a really really big gun!!! .416 lott or bigger!!!!! but remember hunt when the moon is full your beast is cycling with the moon!!!!

308Lover
07-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Gosh! I was just going to say "Read the other 10 dumbass threads on the same topic" or maybe Read the regs and get a copy of the LEH synopsis, but darn! That sounds so awkwardly simple! By the way, I would gladly take you to every place I hunt, and show you where to camp and right where I've had my greatest success. Glad to be of help.

Gateholio
07-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Oune of the funnyist tkangs Ive' ever saw in herr Tobb!! Isntt sarkasm grate?! Kepp up the goud wirk Tabb. Luvved it!

Someone has been hitting the moonshine pretty hard...:mrgreen::biggrin:

Ambush
07-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Some sinister "new to the area" hunter is keeping a list of all the people on this thread that are poking fun at his lack of knowledge.
And he's going to HAMMER you when you need something that he finds elementary!http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Good fun, but I hope it doesn't discourage anyone from seeking advice.

I don't need advice because my wife knows every thing!!

wolverine
07-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Some sinister "new to the area" hunter is keeping a list of all the people on this thread that are poking fun at his lack of knowledge.
And he's going to HAMMER you when you need something that he finds elementary!http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Good fun, but I hope it doesn't discourage anyone from seeking advice.

I don't need advice because my wife knows every thing!!

Aw, it's just good fun and possibly a good natured way to say, " Hey, you gotta help yourself a little too". No one should take it too seriously. Life's too short for that my friend.

Cheers.:smile:

gameslayer
07-09-2008, 09:55 PM

enjoy!

I guess I will comment on this BS thread being as you choose to insult my friend with your sarcastic, self appointed elitism and think that the number of posts you have on this site dictates the amount of respect that you will choose to give a fellow hunter on this site.
I think you are dead wrong Todd, to judge people as you are doing, and poke fun at them by the level of participation one chooses to engage on this site.
I have had a member PM me to help me with training my dogs that has an extremely low post rate but let’s not judge a book by it's cover. This fellow is a seasoned experienced hunter that has more experience and has been on more successful hunts of all kinds than most of the people on this site can only dream of. The few posts he does have are giving others advice, me being one of them. He just chosses not to be as active as some.
In this particular case, every one of the posts of the point .002 average that you snub your nose at was a response to a fellow member (my buddy) trying to help them out. Then the first time the guy asks for help you piss on him and act like a school yard bully and poke fun at him. Like others have said, some draws are slim chances on getting, especially Bison, and because it is not open season one would think that most guys would not mind helping a fellow hunter out with some basic information, being as it really is not a competition (People freely giving advice seems to have been proven true). I think leaving 5 months to plan is plenty of time and not as irresponsible as you seem to indicate.
I think that if people like you choose to snub those with low posts you will continue to have people choose not to post because unlike some people on this site, some folks choose not to do their fighting and insults with words over the net and have better things to do with their time if people like you piss on them.
Because someone has thousands of posts does not mean that they are all wonderful words of wisdom. This is a great site to learn and partake in and I hope those of you who are helpful (I know You have many helpful pointers Todd ) choose to be more humble and less judgemental as it is more becoming of this great activity that we all seem to love.

todbartell
07-09-2008, 10:21 PM
the posts per day should include private messages, that would better give a guy an idea as to how involved they are on the site. I realize alot of guys dont post alot and have alot of info to share, and do it via PM, that is great, and I dont blame them for not wanting to give out some info publicly over the forum :)

My original post was meant to mock no member in particular. Ive been around HBC for a long time (9th member to sign up actually...and only 3 of the guys who signed up before me have even signed into HBC in the last year) and every summer when LEH comes out the same thing happens. Members who won an LEH looking for info on the area because they have absolutely zero clue when they applied for the zone. Ive helped them before if they ask about an area I know about, so I wouldnt call myself an "elitest member" or a "snob", I just find it comical that this happens all the time and each year there are more and more of it as HBC continues to grow (which is great)

poking fun is a good way to have some laughs, and that is what this thread is about. It is a parody

Vansmasher
07-10-2008, 12:42 AM
poking fun is a good way to have some laughs, and that is what this thread is about.
you had to know it would stir up some sh!t though.8)

think of how many fewer threads there would be at this time of the year.... without LEH. I guess LEH is good for one thing... besides taking my money and making me patiently wait to find out I've been drawn for NOTHING.

Good luck to all those who were LEH successful and have absolutely no idea where or how they will hunt.

Avalanche123
07-10-2008, 10:38 AM
The easy fix to this is to have ADMIN add another rule to the guidelines that simply states that unless your post count is "this high" please don't ask for any information, especially at LEH time....:)

The good naturedness of the post is obviously evident. My only thought is it belongs in the Open Chat. (IMHO here).

Mr. Dean
07-10-2008, 10:58 AM
TB!!!
PM Yappyyoddledog. He's got all the info needed.

Gateholio
07-10-2008, 11:30 AM
TB!!!
PM Yappyyoddledog. He's got all the info needed.

I miss Yappy...

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19094&highlight=yappy

BiG Boar
07-10-2008, 01:14 PM
well I will tell you this much. At first I thought, TB is a real dick. Obviously it was sarcasm. So then I started to like him because I am probably too sarcastic in some of my posts also. However some of my questions might seem obvious to you guys arnt too me. I have no daddy or mommy or even friends to go ask questions to and I rely on this site for basically all of my answers. I can google stuff and read about hunts, but in the end I usually come back here. I have only hunted like 4 big game animals. I didnt know how to do any of it other than pull the trigger, and even on that one I learned to hold my breath halfway out for 8 seconds at most. I also have 3 LEH tags for this season. I plan on going after all of them. I have only ever hunted one of the animals and have been to none of the areas. Litterally I have only really played the video game for the goat and the moose. I am looking forward to it and will continue to ask stupid questions. LOTS OF THEM... I had a rough idea of the areas I applied for and what it would take to harvest an animal.

So in the end I will rely on my wit, charm, and electrical good looks to bag this animal. The smartest person out there is the person who knows what they dont know. Because they will go to the places and talk to the people they need to aquire this knowledge. Nobody knows everything and people who are afraid to ask questions usually get lackluster results. However I now like TB because I found yappys post as seen above, and I am smiling.

As for the 6003 draw, I would probably sugest that you head out there and do some scouting before the season as that is a very hard draw to get 650:1! I am also thinking that there must be some very valuable animals in that zone because 650 people aply for that one tag every year, knowing how hard it is to get. Next I would recomend reading up on the wily NIL animal as you are likely to draw a lot of those for the rest of your life.