PDA

View Full Version : 8-15 Whitetails

tikkat3
07-04-2008, 08:15 AM
I got a doe draw for this area and am going up that way camping with some non-hunters on the weekend of the 12th. I want to do some scouting, where is a good place to camp (ie the women won't bitch) and use as a base to scout from in that area? I plan on hunting there this year and hopefully bagging a buck and a doe so if anyone wants to PM me a tip or 2 I won't complain:razz:

I've only ever hunted mulies, do the mule deer calls I have work on whitetails?

Greenhead
07-04-2008, 08:28 AM
PM sent.
GH

hunter1947
07-05-2008, 05:32 AM
When you cross the bridge in grad Forks the river is called Granby river ,turn left head up to Sano creek its about 6kl in ,there is lots of whitetail around there.

boxhitch
07-05-2008, 07:20 AM
I've only ever hunted mulies, do the mule deer calls I have work on whitetails?WTD respond to calling far more aggressively than MD. The two species have different characters. Again, timing is everything, and most GOS are closed up during the rut. So think about 'social' calling.

where is a good place to camp (ie the women won't bitch)
Good luck with that. Hunting with spears would be easier somedays :)

pmj
07-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Check your mail. pm sent.

palmer
07-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Any and I mean any logging rd you find will have Whitetails...As for places to camp are you tenting or in an RV. Come end of first week of Nov. and stay a few days, you will get your doe and maybe a buck.If you need any other info let me now.

Palmer

tikkat3
07-08-2008, 03:20 PM
thanks guys

I have another question

How many deer can you bag in a hunting season? Some areas say 1 deer, other areas say 2, etc.

I think you can only have one buck per MU right? Is there a total limit, like say you were a lunatic who only hunted, could you take 10 deer a year legally?

I'm just curious, because I want to really fill the freezer this year my plan is to not have to buy any meat from the store for a year. I have 3 hunts planned, one LEH moose, one LEH wt doe, and a mulie hunt. If I run into a mulie while I'm hunting moose for example, I would want to take it, and maybe get another one on my mulie hunt.

jrjonesy
07-08-2008, 03:40 PM
See this years hunting regs...you can also catch them online. Provincial limit (with the exception of QCI) is 3. Page 16. Go to each Management unit section to find the bag limit for that management unit. Generally it is two. Read carefully in regards to muley vs whitetail and buck vs doe. Example... you could take 1 buck each from 3 different management units. Or 2 from one mgmt unit and 1 from another, etc.

Canuck2
07-08-2008, 08:27 PM
(quote)See this years hunting regs...you can also catch them online. Provincial limit (with the exception of QCI) is 3. Page 16. Go to each Management unit section to find the bag limit for that management unit. Generally it is two. Read carefully in regards to muley vs whitetail and buck vs doe. Example... you could take 1 buck each from 3 different management units. Or 2 from one mgmt unit and 1 from another, etc.(/quote)

Wherever you see "management unit" in the above quote, replace it with "region".

Ya, get yourself a hunting synopsis and sit down for an informative read.

pmj
07-08-2008, 11:31 PM
2008 - 2009 Hunting & Trapping Regulations Synopsis: See page16 for Provincial bag limit. Page 8 Deer Licences. Also see the Regional Bag Limits for each region. With a LEH doe tag you may be able to get up to 3 deer, a combination of mule and white tailed. They may or may not be from the same region. Read carefully and phone the C.O. if it is not clear.

When I had a LEH for antlerless white tail and antlerless mule the same year I had 2 mule tags and 2 white tailed tags in my wallet just in case. I only ended up cancelling one of them:roll:.