PDA

View Full Version : calling yotes

FlyingHigh
06-30-2008, 09:35 PM
so i'm probably going to picking up a varmint rifle in .223 pretty quick here. i'm looking for areas in the lower mainland or merrit/kamloops/princeton area i can try calling in some yotes. crown land is perferable.

when i'm driving along the backroads, what kind of terrain should i be looking for? should i be looking at meadows and grasslands, pastures etc?

also, what the hell do i do with the coyote after i've shot it? i don't plan on eating it. is it kind of like gopher shooting where you leave the carcass for scavengers?

thanks. :smile:

rishu_pepper
06-30-2008, 10:35 PM
also, what the hell do i do with the coyote after i've shot it? i don't plan on eating it. is it kind of like gopher shooting where you leave the carcass for scavengers?

thanks. :smile:

Give it to me :biggrin:

boonerbuck
06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Open grassy areas, swamps and lakes, near fields, long straight stretches of trails and old roads, river bottoms are all kinds of areas I like to call in/on.

You are supposed to remove the fur from the carcass. You can leave the rest or just take the whole thing.

Make sure the season is open when you go out. You never mentioned when you plan on going and there are many areas closed right now.

Good luck

FlyingHigh
07-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Give it to me :biggrin:

you want it!?!? you got it. i'll pm you when i get one. :D

Open grassy areas, swamps and lakes, near fields, long straight stretches of trails and old roads, river bottoms are all kinds of areas I like to call in/on.

You are supposed to remove the fur from the carcass. You can leave the rest or just take the whole thing.

Make sure the season is open when you go out. You never mentioned when you plan on going and there are many areas closed right now.

Good luck

thanks for the info. do i have to take the skin with me? or can i leave that next to the carcass?

i'll be sure to check the seasons before i go. :)

todbartell
07-02-2008, 08:55 PM
legally you must remove the fur out of the field

FlyingHigh
07-03-2008, 03:18 PM
legally you must remove the fur out of the field

ok. thanks. :) is this because other animals won't eat the fur and it leaves a mess?

todbartell
07-03-2008, 09:10 PM
no, it is so the animal has been utilized for its "purpose" which is for its fur sale