PDA

View Full Version : Swan Lake and One Island Lake Q??

daycort
06-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Just wondering if any Dawson Creek guys know how the fishing is at the above mentioned lakes? Going to go camping with the wife and kids and my outlaws this coming weekend. We will be staying at Swan Lake.

elkdom
07-01-2008, 01:43 PM
fishing at Swan good, perch to 1 lb,lots of Pike to up to 10,12 lbs,and tons of Walleye, walleye catch and release, more MOE good management at work as usuall, only prob with Swan lake is its not very safe for fishing with so many high speed powr boats, its a bit 'SCARRYY' , ok though if you stay near north or south end lotsa fish,,One Island nice camping , not so busy, Rainbows to 10 pounds common, a bit tough to get right spot,but if your using fish finder? then your good, if your group of OUTLAWS arnt too rowdy, msg me, you can use my backyard a couple days! at Swan lk.

daycort
07-01-2008, 11:42 PM
elkdom,

thanks for the info. I assume we use the same lures in swan lake as I do in chucks puddle?? If I make it to one island I will just use my fly rod. Thanks for the offer of your back yard, I appreciate it. I don't want to impose so I think I will stay to the camp ground.

daycort
07-10-2008, 11:24 PM
The fishing at Swan was very good. My kids caught lots of fish. My son caught a 5 lb pike and got'er all by himself and didn't want my help. He is just about three. He did say his arms were getting sore.

A couple of big pike came in and only one walleye that went just over 4 lbs. Lots of little perch, good eating little buggers. I would say a great lake for kids if ya can get some direction on where to fish.

elkdom
07-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Good to hear yu had a good time,I didnt want to sayI told you so! but I DID! lmao anyhow you didnt say anything about "Old HUGO!' old Hugo is a Ling that I have hooked twice,once breaking my rod and line and once just jerkin it right out of my hands,he's about 4 feet long and i have no idea how much he wieghs but im sure he is over 25 pounds! if you hook him your arms will get tired for sure! get yeh later! lol

daycort
07-11-2008, 01:24 PM
My nephew lost about 4 hooks that he swore that a had fish taking them. Maybe it was old Hugo. My Bro inlaw and I hooked into some nice pike trolling with perch rapalas. We weighed the smaller one at 9.5 lbs, and had 2 bigger.