PDA

View Full Version : Convert from Vegan to Hunter/Fisherwomen

One Shot
06-29-2008, 08:49 PM
All my kids grew up in a ranching, hunting, fishing, military lifestyle. My daughter now a women turned vegan at about the age of 20 and communed with nature so to speak in N Cal. S Oregon with summer months trips to Quadra island. I hadn't seen her in a year and took her for dinner the other nite when she was passing through where she ordered a chicken wrap. The wife and I looked at her in disbelief. She said she realized people need meat to survive in a healthy state. She said she has been eating island deer and beef as well as fish. She wants to fish the lakes there for food. She also asked if she could go hunting with me the next time and to teach her how to hunt again. It appears she will take a Hunter's course here. I told her she will also have to get her PAL as well up here. I guess I will have to go out and get her a rod and reel as well as a rifle. I am kind of elated that she has come around again although she is still living the 60's kind of life style.

Jelvis
06-29-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm glad for you, and all your lovely family, that was a good read, thanks for sharing it, with me. Sounds like you have a great relationship with a daughter who has a mind of her own, and that is fantastic. Jel-enjoyed it. Thanks.

Wolfman
06-29-2008, 09:30 PM
One shot:
that's really cool.

Wolfman

quadrakid
06-29-2008, 09:31 PM
my wife ,a vegatarian since her teens is now eating chicken and turkey and bacon,says that at 50 her body is telling her to eat some meat,go figure. if your daughter is still on quadra tell her the trout fishing is great right now.

Gateholio
06-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Good to hear!!

I converted my ex from a vegetarian to a meat eater by feeding her free range, organic deer and moose.:-P

Panda
06-29-2008, 10:59 PM
My friend who just gradded from pharmacology got a first-hand look through school at what goes into our domestic meat supply... he's getting his CORE now

Steeleco
06-30-2008, 08:32 AM
She needs to advocate her new beliefs to some of her friends. Good for her and you.

Flingin' Sticks
07-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Well, at least she'll still be eating Organic all the way

newhunterette
07-02-2008, 11:58 AM
yahooooooooooooo that means there is hope for Breanne - she is 17 and I know eventually she will turn to the "WILD" side hehehehehe

She was so much easier to reason with when she was little

One Shot - I am going to share your story with my Breanne, thank you for sharing and

hugs for you and your family, what a wonderful, enriching inspiration

Ali