PDA

View Full Version : MU 3-16 via Duffey Lk. Rd.

BigSlapper
06-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I would appreciate any info or thoughts any of you would be willing to share on 3-16 ?
It's been awhile and I would like to know about access, gates, washouts, etc re:Van Horlick Crk FSR, Blowdown Pass, Blowdown Lk, etc.? How is the hunting pressure in the area?
Anything you can pass along would be greatly appreciated as I'm up there this weekend to do some scouting.
Thanks !!!

Bigslapper

Aaron Blom
06-29-2008, 09:24 PM
It has been many years since I personally hunted that neck of the woods however friends have a have not really had much luck. It seems that the weather has not cooperated for them. I hope to give downton a try this september has been good to me in the past not sure about presure though. Good luck

Gateholio
06-29-2008, 09:49 PM
It's steep and some of it is overgrown. Boulder creek you can get a quad up, but I doubt a truck.

A bridge was removed on Cayoosh Creek IIRC...I heard some native protesters burned it, but not confirmed.

308BAR
06-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Get your brakes checked before you go. Pretty steep terrain on the drive back down from Duffy along the highway. The brakes were smoking by the time we got down into the pemberton, we had geared down all the way as well.

bearbait
06-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Was up there last Oct. looking for a goat (leh). They were logging up Blowdown creek a few years ago, so the road was good. I didn't go to the lake though. Van Horlick road is getting overgroan but passible to the end. Always lots of Hikers in those spots. And like said, steep and thick till you get up high. There were also more wolf tracks than anything else. Beautiful country.