PDA

View Full Version : Casual rainbow trout fishing, any tips?

McRackin
06-25-2008, 08:33 PM
I'm going camping up at a small lake near Powell River called Lewis Lake ( 30 mins east of powell river). I'm not very knowledgable at fishing even though I like to go quite a few times a year but rarely catch anything. Just looking for some tips on fishing from the shore with lures that might help me catch a small dinner for at least 1 night that I'm up there. If you help me out I'll take some pics of my catch and give the props to you :D

Matt

kishman
06-25-2008, 08:43 PM
If the regs permit it it's hard to beat a good ol' worm and bobber. If bait isn't allowed and your not flyfishing try tossing a simple spinner(mepps, blue fox, panther martin) to name a few.

The Dawg
06-25-2008, 08:51 PM
I have fished there many, many times over the years...the lake itself isnt a consistant producer because its fished pretty heavily.

But if you are fishing from shore, a deadly dick is pretty good, but theres a problem with snags as you know.

If you are in a boat, trolling with a wedding band with a worm is productive. Like anywhere, its good some days and poor the next.

What I always did was hit the river below it...thats excellent fishing :)

Paulyman
06-25-2008, 10:15 PM
I've been to lewis lake before!

It was years ago, but as previously mentioned a worm and bobber will do just fine.

moosinaround
06-25-2008, 10:22 PM
A worm, hook, bobber, and some split shot! Don't forget the lawn chair, and the beer! Moosin

wildman 22
06-25-2008, 10:32 PM
dont know about rainbows there?xcutthroaght worm and bobber from shore.dont really know what lewis is like but fished nanton plenty of times and small cutties are easily caught.they swallow the hook deep,you basicly gotta keep every fish you hook. wildman