PDA

View Full Version : Bar fishing for springs.

EvanG
06-23-2008, 09:24 PM
I ve got some free time this summer and am staying in abbey during the week, I was wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction to do a little bar fishingont the fraser, I dont have a boat and would perfere to stay west of chilliwack. Any tips or advise would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

manalishi
06-24-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm not an export in any way. I have done lots of salmon fishing on the fraser mostly between hope and chilliwack. That part of the fraser the waters fast, too fast for a bar rig I think. And when the fish are running the bars turn into a gong show. The lower fraser is where you see people bar fishing. Take 264th turn off in langley theres a nice bar called 2 bit bar when lowtide happens a big sandbar opens up with a steep drop off. Best fishing sit back with a few wobbly pops and wait for the bell on the tip of your rod to ring. Check out Freds tackle they might have a map of the Diff. Bars or with alittle seach might find them on the Net.

PS. I won't fish the gong show up top no more I have seen guys pull their fish knifes on each other. :)

martyonthewater
06-24-2008, 06:34 PM
derby reach off 264 ave is also a pretty good spot to have a fire and tip a few waiting for that rod to bend.

EvanG
06-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Awewsome thanks, guess I ll have to grab a saltwater licence. as well, buddy from work says guys fish the bottom of bradner as well, guess ill give em a try.