PDA

View Full Version : Tree stands

scembalf
06-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Anyone using the lone wolf assault treestand . I am looking at purchasing a light portable stand that I can move at will when I need to, the lone wolf is light and looks well made would appreciate any input thanks

Phreddy
06-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Go Summit.

Ambush
06-23-2008, 09:38 PM
I have a Lone Wolf hand climber. Packs flat and is light. 14 pounds!! Climbs easy if you follow the directions. Seat is a bit hard, but I always have one of those camo foam seats with me. I also have an old Loggy which I really like for long sits. The Asault is a hang-on, I believe, so you need sticks or steps to get up. Not for me, but some people like them. Because I bow hunt , I prefer the open stands also.
The Summit Mega-Bucks looks good too and has great reviews, and on sale from Cabela's for $170. If you order from Canada from Cabela's, be sure to do it by phone and specify shipping by US mail. Otherwise they send by UPS and they really gouge Canadians. Good luck, treestand hunting can be awesome.

Wild one
06-23-2008, 10:41 PM
I am not familare with the stand you mentioned but the most important thing to me is that it has a good size platform to shoot from.I used a friends stand that had a small platform and I dam near stept of trying to do a shot at a strange angle.Just be positive you will be comfortable shooting out of the stand before you buy it.

Ultra Mag
07-01-2008, 05:31 PM
I have 2 of the Lone Wolf hang ons,when I bought them the assault hadn't yet been introduced.I love these stands because they are light and will adjust to hang on dang near any tree crooked or leaning.