PDA

View Full Version : Catch and release hunting(part2)

phoenix
06-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Hi All,
Sorry I couldn't respond to all your comments yesterday but I lost my phone lines in the wind storm and I just found I have service now. Mods, why did you lock the thread anyways?
I must say I am really amazed at the negativity of your comments. I take it you are all against catch and release fishing, "pursuit only" cat hunting and chasing game birds for dog training for these must also not be "respectful". According to you all, other than steel ram, it is "respectful" to wildlife to stick an arrow in it or blow a big hole in it with a bullet with the inherent chance of wounding, but "disrespectful" to hit it with a paintball with little or no chance of injury, strange! Given the chance I wonder what the animals we so "respect" would feel about it! I know I would rather get hit with a non-toxic, water-soluble paintball than by my 7mm. Don't you think that if this caught on there would be more large deer and other wildlife out there for everyone to enjoy and kill if that is how you show your "respect". Get off the semantics, we are hunters and we kill for sport, plain and simple.
While we're on this "respect" thing, is killing how we show respect? I must have missed that lesson in school . I guess the Taliban is just showing "respect" to our armed forces in Afghanistan.
one-shot-wonder, Air-Soft was developed by the Japanese as an ADULT replacement for real firearms as they are not allowed to have them. Only an idiot would consider them toys for children. That goes double for paintball guns.
BC Longshot, YES, I believe all drugs including marijuana should be legalized and so does every government panel from the LeDain commission in '67 on up. And being a pothead is a heck of a lot better than been some ignorant alcohol soaked red-neck:razz:
Kim

hunter1947
06-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Lets put it this way how would you like to be shot with a paintball ,don't remove it ,carry it to all places you go till it wears off.

I know I would not want this to happen to me .

I would think that a deer would think the same way as I.
Don't forget deer like licking them self like a cat. The chances of hitting a deer in the eye is there as well.

What about if there were fawns off a little ways from mom and you did not see the fawns your chasing after the doe ,I don't agree with this ,thats my opinion http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

Hank Hunter
06-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Lock this one too please

mainland hunter
06-14-2008, 08:47 AM
I wish people would quite using the damn kill for sport BS. HUNING IS NOT A SPORT. football is a sport, hockey is a sport, tennis is a sport. Hunting is a recreational outdoor activity, a way of life. something bread into us. Its not a sport. I've said this in a previous post but the word sport before the word hunting is exactly what has given it such a bad name with the general public. this word creates a wrong picture of the intents of most hunters. A respectfull hunter will make every effort to kill his/her prey as quickly as possible. I'm not an elitist and idont confuse what I'm doing when i kill an animal. I'm killing it and it's not always pretty. Maybe there's no real logic to my opposition to shooting an animal with a paintball gun but it just doesnt sit well with me not to mention the paint stains taxidermists will have to deal with when someone does shoot that animal. I for one don't kill for sport though and there is no pretention intended in that comment

steel_ram
06-14-2008, 08:50 AM
I hunt animals, I kill them! I, like all hunters, "harass" a lot of wildlife before I actually kill one. "The chase" (ie. harassment) is the best part. I don't kill every animal I chase. It is safe to assume the animals would prefer I leave them alone. That is the reality.

I love hunting and confess, I do gain some sort of additional satisfaction, thrill from a successful clean kill. I strive to make a clean kill. The meat is a bonus, nothing more. The animal did not give me anything, I took it!

I would not kill if the facts did not dictate that the game population was healthy and well managed. I feel some contentment that I am part of the instrument in controlling wildlife populations in a positive way, while at the same time, contributing financially, hopefully to the same.

Having been in several stearn public converations with anti-hunters (remember the Bear watch days), I learned that the respect argument, blah, blah, blah, gets you nowhere, and then falling to the "your a pot smoking hippy bum rhetoric", just demonstrates your ignorant.

Maybe phoenix's idea of shooting dangerous game with a paintball is cazy. So what! I happen to know two members of this forum that considered going after blackbears with a spear. Where's the difference in "respect"?

For the few of you that don't run away and hide when the anti-hunters perk up in public. What intelligent things do you say to support your recreation?

ruger#1
06-14-2008, 08:55 AM
wow i dont need a tv, i will watch this thread instead.

mrdoog
06-14-2008, 09:00 AM
My only concern with this idea is that deer rely on blending in with their surroundings as a self preservation technique. Being splattered with paint could possibly make them more visible. I'm all in favour of shooting deer, but
fair is fair, we shouldn't start making deer too easy of a target.

mainland hunter
06-14-2008, 09:01 AM
a die hard anti hunter will never be converted with or without the respect argument and i've had many conversations with them and dont care to have anymore. changing they're mind is pointless, changing the opinion of the general public is important. I agree i kill animals and it is fun for me( the hunt along with the kill) or i wouldnt do it. but there still is a respect for wilderness while i'm doing it. If you wanna test your skills as a hunter without killing it a picture works great

Steeleco
06-14-2008, 09:11 AM
First off I agree with MLH, hunting is not a sport, it is an outdoor activity that occasionally involves the killing of animals.
Second taken from the regs:

3. to use a power boat, aircraft, or motor
vehicle or other mechanical device to
herd or harass wildlife.and as this action is illegal

16. No Illegal activities to be discussed in the forums. For example, anything to do with illegal drugs, firearms alterations, illegal methods of taking game, poaching , filling others tags. ( Anything that may incriminate members or make the site look bad in the eyes of the public.) Once again this thread is closed. And I strongly advise against starting another one!!!