PDA

View Full Version : Luxton Seniors Fishing School & Adult Daycare

johnes50
06-13-2008, 09:18 AM
I started fishing for trout this spring on the local lakes.

My wife decided she wanted to go so she bought her first ever trout license and came with me. On Tuesday I spent all morning rigging, baiting and casting for her, but she did catch a few. The next day a senior friend of mine bought his $5.00 license and came fishing with me and I did the same for him and he caught a couple of fish too. Yesterday my retired sister in law bought her $5.00 license and I took her and my wife fishing again. They both caught a few fish. But my sister in law caught her first trout ever and was very excited. So much so that she's coming over again today so I can take her and my wife fishing again. It's great to see them catch fish for the first time and to add new members to the great sport of fishing, but I'm sure getting a workout rigging, baiting and casting for everybody.:-)

All in all it's neat to see somebody catch their first ever trout and to have helped them do that. But I think I created a monster with my sister in law. She absolutely loves it.

mrdoog
06-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Good on ya!
Patience is a virtue.

Bow Walker
06-13-2008, 06:59 PM
:lol: Is this an exclusive club? What's the minimum age requirement for membership? 8-)

johnes50
06-14-2008, 12:16 PM
No particular age limit required. All are welcome. But if your over 65 attends are recommended if your excitable.:D

I took my wife and sister in law out again yesterday as my wife is on vacation and my sister in law is recently retired. The sister in law was running around like a kid in a toy store. She caught a few more and would stand next to the rod and just stare at it waiting for the next bite. I started making her do some of the work so she would get an idea how to do it herself someday. I've never seen someone her age so excited about fishing.

I saw a swirl in the water in front of us and realized it was probaly a smallmouth. So I took off my trout gear and found a beat up rubber crawfish about 1 1/2 inches long in my tackle box that's been there forever. I rigged it up and cast about 15 feet in front of us, where the fish was surfacing. I pulled it about six inches and the surface exploded as a nice smallmouth grabbed the crawfish. After a nice fight with lots of jumping I caught and released a nice 3lb. smallmouth. Not a bad day fishing.

I asked them if I could have a couple of days off and they agreed. I figure after six days in a row teaching my friends and family how to fish I need a break.:-)