PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite type of fishing?

BIGHUNTERFISH
06-11-2008, 09:11 PM
I was wondering what your favourite species of fish to catch is and your prefered angling methods? I have a passion for fly fishing for rainbows in still water but would love to try fly casting for cohos in the open chuck.I also have fond memories of fly fishing for cutthroats on the elk and Wigwam rivers as a kid.I really like all types of fishing except pulling gangtrolls and a worm all day.:D

holmes76
06-11-2008, 10:45 PM
i probably troll with a willowleaf,wedding band and a worm more than anything in the summer. But i also like to fly fish for the trout too. I think ice fishing is my favorite though ....no bugs and i seem to catch more fish.:smile:

browningboy
06-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Trolling around dragging whatever with some cold beer in the boat!

Leaseman
06-12-2008, 07:53 AM
My favorite is 20 minutes from my house....Sturgeon fishing!! Whether I take out customers, friends or just my son and me, we have fun from March to November.....

Of course, at different times of the year, we can through in some salmon fishing too....:wink:

One of the good things about living in the LML....:roll:

tomahawk
06-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Throwin a small spoon from a light rod into the edges of a kelp bed where Coho are feeding!

LOC
06-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Fly fishing for Grayling on any small - medium size creek / river in the Yukon is my favourite.

Otherwise, fly fishing for rainbows on still water :)

MB_Boy
06-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Definitely salmon out on the chuck. Being a prairie boy I just can't get enough of it. Tried bucktailing last summer which was a lot of fun, but looking forward to what BHF also is and that is trying flyfishing for coho out on the chuck in July when I head over to WCVI.

Dannybuoy
06-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Trolling around dragging whatever with some cold beer in the boat!
X2 Big Lakes + big lures = Big fish

Steeleco
06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
I like all fishing, but my best day was fly fishing pinks on the Indian river one day.

mrdoog
06-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Lately it's been fly fishing around Kamloops.
I sure miss mooching for cohos though.

Vansmasher
06-12-2008, 09:21 AM
X2 Big Lakes + big lures = Big fish
X3 Big Lakes / Chuck / Ocean + big lures + pints = Big fish..... also crabbing!!

moosinaround
06-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Any type of fishing, as long as work isnot mentioned! I do love ocean fishing for salmon, halibut, cod, crabbing. Moosin

Spuddge
06-12-2008, 11:00 AM
I love paddling the canoe around a lake and spin casting, there's something really peaceful about a canoe gliding through the water.

Chuck
06-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Dry fly fishing rivers and moving waters for rainbows, also spinning for dollies (bull trout). I can no longer wade creeks for cuts and btrout. Have never fished salt water for salmon or steelhead. Don't like sitting & waiting. Eat what I catch.

000buck
06-12-2008, 11:53 PM
any fishing where as i get go with someone who knows how to fish an area and the correct techniques so that i can improve myself as an angler and pass on information to my kids to make better people of them.

Johnnybear
06-13-2008, 02:22 AM
Mine has to be offshore fishing for Halibut and Salmon. 10-40 miles weather permitting. There's something about not being able to see land that adds to the trip. Actually any type of fishing on the ocean I love. I really like prawning and crabbing and trying new stuff.

But in all honesty I would trade any day on the chuck for a day of trout fishing with my kid's;) .