PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Calling Coyotes??

Waynewjw
06-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Hey, got the rifle rig - Tikka T3 22/250. So is anybody out there calling coyotes? I've watched the "Calling Coyotes" and "Verminator" video's and it looks like lots of fun, just wondering if anyone in B.C. is doing it? If you are, what calls are you using and what success are you having?

A buddy of mine was down in the states last week and was wanting to pickup the FoxPro, which he hoped was less the the $500 price up here in Kanada. Haven't spoken to him yet to see if he picked one up. Has anyone used the electronic calls, again what success?

rocksteady
06-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Go to Predatorhuntcanada.ca and join in theres a lot of guys from here on that site too....Even Bartell....

Region 4 coyotes are closed from April 1 til Sept. 10 so no hunting song dogs for me right now...

todbartell
06-11-2008, 02:40 PM
season here is closed until September so like Rocksteady, I wont be heading out for a while. During the winter I hunt them fairly regular, I have used the Foxpro Fx3 and now use a Fx5. They work well but are not guarantees by any means.

Elk-Aholic
06-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Popped one the other day. Just watch if there are other guys using foxpro's in your area as you may have difficulties calling coyotes in, especially if they've been educated. Otherwise, highly recommend using the foxpro.

todbartell
06-11-2008, 04:09 PM
coyotes can be educated with hand calls too :) maybe even moreso..have you heard some guys try to howl on a mouth call?? sounds like moose season

wjh131
06-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Still calling but it's a little tougher in the summer. Take's a little longer but if you're patient and are in the right area, they'll come.

Waynewjw
06-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Hand calling anyone? Who's calls are you using? Anybody using the Randy Anderson calls? Where do you buy them?