PDA

View Full Version : fathers day fish finder

deerslayer2
06-10-2008, 10:33 PM
I want to buy my dad a fish finder for Fathers Day. Looking to spend under $200. Looking at the Hummingbird Pirahnamax 215. I want something portable as he keeps his boat (Classic Zodiak) on the lake and I don't want anyone helping themselves to the hardware if he leaves it out. Anyone have any advise on the best way to mount a transducer on a Zodiak?? It has a transom mount for his motors. He uses an older outboard and a newer electic trolling motor. Can the transducer be mounter on the outboard? Any experieced opinions are welcome. Thanks.

deerslayer2
06-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Great site. I've learned a lot browsing the topics for the last little while. Most who write in seem to have a lot of experience and knowledge to share with the rest of the hunting community. Keep up the good work.

hunter1947
06-11-2008, 03:35 AM
Make a bracket up that goes on the swivel bracket of the boat so it will be just in front of the leg ,it will work fine ,you just got to play around figuring the right place to put it. You can also make a bracket and put it on the transom ,just make sure you use aluminum when making it up.

sparkymacker
06-11-2008, 08:44 AM
I would get a Fishing Buddy II with side view. Not sure how much they are now, but they used to be around $300.00 (when we had .65 dollars). Mine was great for fly fishing as you could look into the shore for fish holding on structure. They used to come with a clamp on bracket so they were totally portable. I also made up an aluminum bracket for mine so I could use it ice fishing. Alas I loaned it out a couple of years ago.....well you know the rest.

Huey
06-11-2008, 06:04 PM
I placed mine on the bottom of my trolling motor. That way its never left outside, and comes in with the motor.