PDA

View Full Version : Father's day fishin spot near abbtsford?

ElectricDyck
06-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Anybody got any suggestions of where to fish near Abbotsford for fathers day? I have a basic fly rod and spin cast rod with your typical wedding band type lures and a few chronimid type flys. I'll be with my kids, wife and parents so nothing too far.

Is there any fish in that slough by that park off the freeway by campbell road? That place would be a good spot for a picnic and maybe let my kids pull a fish in with some help. I was also thinking albert dyck park, I've caught small mouth bass off the dock there years ago. Not looking to take anything home just have some fun with the family. Any ideas?

steelheadSABO
06-11-2008, 03:13 PM
saturday theres a fishing derby at fraser vally hatchery in abbostford and there will be prizes and a trout pond for kids under 7 to fish in.you might want to check it out

ElectricDyck
06-11-2008, 07:35 PM
That sounds like it would be fun for my boys, I might have to check that out, thanks.

Leaseman
06-12-2008, 07:56 AM
For fun, any little back eddy's on the Fraser will hold some nice sized northern pike minnows from 8 inches up to 5-6 pounds.... usually just about non stop action with a piece of worm!

Mike