PDA

View Full Version : A bizzare twist of fate

o2fish2day
06-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Anyone out there alergic to bear fur? I swear I have had two reactions since messing around with the rug. (Asthma)

Elkhound
06-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Is the rug brand new? Maybe it's not the fur but the chemical residue left on the hide from the tanning proccess. Just a thought?

Barracuda
06-10-2008, 11:03 PM
If its a fresh pelt it could be what the bear was in?

BigBanger
06-10-2008, 11:43 PM
I get like that around cats and some dogs . I hope when i get a rug it doesent do it to me . Ill be pissed .

o2fish2day
06-10-2008, 11:53 PM
The rug is not new, it's just been salted. I have been trying to flesh and salt it but I swear I can't breath afterwards, I didnt put it together until the second time but now I am pretty sure I am alergic to the thing

One Shot
06-10-2008, 11:57 PM
I have known two people that were allergic to wildlife. One to bear fur like you and the other to elk fur green or tanned hides although the tanned hides caused the lesser of the reactions.

elkdom
06-11-2008, 12:03 AM
check under listings,itchy,scratchy,sneezee bears on E-bay, just kidding ,a friend of mine had same prob with fresh bear and deer,once tanned all was OK,hope you have same luck!

hunter1947
06-11-2008, 03:19 AM
Try not messing around with the fur and see what happens in a week or so. Maybe you got to excited and it caused a reaction LOL :tongue:.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-11-2008, 04:56 AM
Get a hold of a tanned bear and see if you have the same reaction. You may get different results with different tanning procedures. If you still react you may want to save your money:confused:.

SSS

BiG Boar
06-11-2008, 07:01 AM
if it is a good sized bear you should give me the rug. I will hold onto it for you until you eat enough bee pollen to get over your reactions. I am alergic to dogs and cats and air pollen, I had no problems with my bear so far. Definitley a good chance though that since the pollen in the air is so abundant this week and for the past week that the bear was in something that you were allergic too. I am betting that you suffer from seasonal allergies? Take bee pollen a few weeks before allergy season and you will be 100% next year. Plus you will gain up to 25% more strength as it is the worlds best protein. my .02

one-shot-wonder
06-11-2008, 08:03 AM
It could be that you are allergic to the bear's dander. I am extremely allergic to deer dander (moose and bears I am fine), it causes me horrific sneezing, itchy, runny nose.:sad: I pack claritin/benadryl in my pack now and have to wear gloves when handling. It appears that after the tanning process the symptoms are lessened, probably because the hide is cleaned up from the dust and dander.
Like SSS said do a test on a tanned rug, you just might be ok.

boxhitch
06-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Plus you will gain up to 25% more strength as it is the worlds best protein.
Does it work as a topical application ?

o2fish2day
06-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Great info thanks. I am still debating whether to get it tanned at all since it's a bit of a mess. Checking to see if my hunting partner wants it for now.

Wolfman
06-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Like Elkhound said.

I'd be suspicious that it could be some of the chemicals left over from the tanning process.

Wolfman