PDA

View Full Version : Who's fishing local to save gas?

johnes50
06-10-2008, 01:12 PM
I live near Victoria and was planning to go to Cowichan Lake to camp and fish for a few days with my wife and friends. But, after gas hit $146.9l. today I've decided to stay local and fish around Victoria.

So far I've fished Elk & Beaver Lake, Langford Lake and Colwood lake with some success. I've been catching 12-16 inch rainbows using Sunrise Powerbait and a couple on flies. I lost a very nice trout this morning cause I use 4lb. test leader and he broke the line.

My friend has been casting Gibbs Rainbow Croc with some luck. Another friend was trolling a Doc Spratley fly around Langford Lake and caught four trout, the largest was 22 inches.

I'm having a great time and have been reminded how many nice fishing lakes we have around Victoria.

Anybody else staying local instead of taking a trip?

newhunterette
06-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Gas is 1.29.9/litre here in Aldergrove depending on which end of Fraser Highway you happen to be on - if I am going fishing local it will be the Fraser or the Vedder Rivers but still having to fuel up the boat

Heading to 100 mile in the morning - taking my Mom's little PT Cruiser to save a little on fuel as this is a quick run then home again - be checking the waters out as we drive

Peter was just fishing Canim Lake and area lakes and it is just turnover for most of the interlakes

tight lines Johnes50

Ron.C
06-10-2008, 02:52 PM
gas was still at 1.32/L this morning at the superstore in Duncan. Maybe gas up that way?

johnes50
06-10-2008, 03:05 PM
If the price stays the same in Duncan I will take a run up there.

Leaseman
06-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Top up the jet every week... averages lately around $60.00 ..... when going for the long runs up river, can top out at $150.00 (last years prices) ... wont be doing too many of those this year (unless I find some rich friends...8-))