PDA

View Full Version : kootenay lake fishing tips??

winbuckhunter
06-09-2008, 12:54 PM
my family and i are going on a trip to kootenay lake.. we plan on going fishing, does anyone have any info on any good holes/bays that need to be checked out? and what colors work?

winbuckhunter
06-09-2008, 04:45 PM
thanks.. june 20th, how about like lyman lures and mac squids??

jrjonesy
06-09-2008, 04:46 PM
We used to have good luck trolling plugs that had pink on them and using a down rigger. Spent most of our time at the north end and north east side. Be aware that there are markers on either side of the lake at the north end that close off the last 300-500(est) meters of the lake.

newhunterette
06-09-2008, 05:36 PM
I was just reading an article about kootenay lake and the gerrard trout - something called a planer plank is being used - I have to read a little more about it - was just sort of the glance through the article type thing - I know it has some tips for fishing the lak - will get back to ya regarding it :)

Ali

Chuck
06-09-2008, 09:13 PM
News has it that those worms are especially bad this time around and its expected that the Gerards will take a real skicking. Not to mention the others. I'm not impressed by how the fishing has declined over the years on the Kootenay and Columbia systems.

winbuckhunter
06-13-2008, 06:58 PM
thx for the info ken.. maybe we'll see you out there