PDA

View Full Version : Fraser sturgeon...

Leaseman
06-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Don't know how many of you fish the Fraser for sturgeon, but it have become a great spring fishery over the last couple of weeks....8)

My son and I got out for one of our few times a year that it is the two of us only and had a real hoot! We put in a Fort Langley and headed to our private area and had our first fish in 10 minutes!!! After several fish, we made a run up to the Sumas Flats (some call it the mouth of the Vedder). Way too windy and choppy, (can you say a bit of air time?) The bouncing was hard on my stomach (still waiting for op #2)... so back to our secret location for a few mor fish!!

Very cool, very wet at times and very windy.... but what a great day to be our with my son...!!

I have talked to a few of you about getting you into your first sturgeon ... hopefully my operation comes sooner rather that later and maybe we can look at very late summer of even in the fall. This fishery is usually good until mid November!!!

Mike

Steeleco
06-08-2008, 11:39 AM
On a drive last evening, east of the Fort Langley air strip we saw a fellow in a boat playing something big. He was in tight to the south shore, and here I thought dinosaurs like deeper water!!!! Wasn't you was it??

Good to hear your well enough to get out fishing. Good for you!!

shoot to kill
06-08-2008, 10:19 PM
dont be decieved... the water there is deep.