PDA

View Full Version : Peachland Elk

bcbooner
06-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Last Monday on the way from Summerland to Peachland at 5(am) I noticed a road kill that looked odd so I backed tracked for another look,found a small Bull Elk.Never seen an Elk on this side,has anybody heard off Elk established on the west side off the lake?

mark
06-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Ya theres tons of rumors that a herd swam the lake during the fire, as well Ive talked to several peachland locals who say theres 2 -5 point bulls and 5 cows hanging near the golf course all winter. Myself, I havnt seen them yet, but I have seen tracks, and rubs on trees that I deem as elk!

bckev
06-07-2008, 09:37 AM
There was some that worked their way over from the Princeton area years ago. This is the second bull elk road kill I have heard of in the area

boxhitch
06-07-2008, 11:28 AM
I saw that same bull. If they come across the lake, they can get stuck on the wrong side of the highway wildlife fence, its real close to the pavement. no surprise they get hit.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-07-2008, 12:32 PM
There was a 5 pt bull killed on the hwy right near Antlers' beach back in 2003...the year of the fire.
There is no fence at Antlers Beach preventing them from heading into the hills. The fence starts just to the south.

SSS

wildman 22
06-07-2008, 02:24 PM
i once chased up a big animal there ,never did see the actual animal but the tracks and crap made me believe it was an elk although i had never seen one there before.Also makes me wonder when the mom inlaw (non hunter) says she saw a deer with the biggest antlers she has ever seen.she has a matched set of muley antlers roughly scoring 180.always thought that there is no reason why they shouldn't be there.