PDA

View Full Version : leh question?

Wildfoot
06-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Can I put in for a moose draw by myself, and then add myself to another entry with another hunter in the same draw?

Blainer
06-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Nope!
1 Entry Per Species!

Wildfoot
06-05-2008, 10:16 PM
lol i guess it helps to read the first 2 pages of the guide.

hunter1947
06-06-2008, 04:42 AM
One animal ,one entry ,thats it.

hunter1947
06-06-2008, 09:01 AM
The under standing that I have is that both do need a moose tag if ether one of the two that did get picked for a shared hunt will shoot the one moose that they are allowed to get on the shared. But if the other does not want to shoot the the moose that got picked I would think that he will not need a tag on this hunt as long as he don't shoot the moose. The tag is not under his name ,it is under his partners name.

BiG Boar
06-06-2008, 09:04 AM
how many people in here have gf's or wives that "hunt"? Notice the quotation marks around "hunt". My gf is going to hopefully be able to put in for LEH's next year so we can go on a shared "hunt"!

huntcoop
06-06-2008, 09:31 AM
how many people in here have gf's or wives that "hunt"? Notice the quotation marks around "hunt". My gf is going to hopefully be able to put in for LEH's next year so we can go on a shared "hunt"!

You are a vedy vedy bad man...

steel_ram
06-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Shooting game on another persons tag is illegal (poaching!) Nothing to even hint at admitting to on a public forum.

brotherjack
06-06-2008, 01:04 PM
On a shared hunt, it wouldn't be on another person's tag - it would be on your tag. Nothing even remotely illegal about it. There is no law that says everyone who put in for a shared hunt has to be present at the time of a kill. There might be something there that those with their own idea of ethics might think badly of because one of the group wasn't intending to go hunting - but legally, there is zero wrong with having a wife/gf/friend/etc throw in their hunter number for a shared hunt, even if they don't intend/expect to be in the field for the hunt.

Wildfoot
06-07-2008, 11:05 AM
my understanding is that your chances of getting the draw are no greater with a group hunt.. so what is the benefit? Wouldn't it be better for my girlfriend and I to put in seperate entries? Of course, then only one of us can shoot the animal - depending on who gets the tag.

Caveman
06-07-2008, 11:20 AM
I believe in the group hunt you went in as a group with one shot at being drawn. If drawn everyone gets a tag. In the shared hunt every one goes in individually and if one is drawn the "shared" group is pulled. 2 person "shared" group get one moose, 3 or 4 person "shared" group get two, not four as in a "group" draw group of four.

Gateholio
06-07-2008, 11:35 AM
In hunters, there is no characteristic more distasteful than greed.

BiG Boar
06-10-2008, 10:42 AM
I aggree with gatehouse. Greed isnt good. I have taken 4 animals to date. Any person with 5 or more kills shouldn't be able to buy licences. And same with anyone targeting larger than normal animals.