PDA

View Full Version : my hunting partner

rock
06-03-2008, 08:27 PM
HARD TO RIGHT BUT MUST.

My father been battling for is life for a while, but news the other day was devastating,:frown: 3 to 7 days left I haven't slept in 2 days just trying to spend precious time with him and my mother has drained me, his death at this point is not good, I know we all go one day but even now my hunting season at this point is in question let alone anything else. My family have been very supportive though its still hard as hell not sure what else to do, just pray I guess for a easy and relaxed end, just to many memories floating threw my head of course all good ones specially time spent in the bush, first deer, moose, trout all things I'll never forget.:smile:
I am what I am today because of him, I know he nows that even though he can't say anything, its just a bump in the road as they say though it seems more then that to me all I know when he goes, a part off me will go with him, as for all you sons and daughters out there take note and do what you can know don't wait time flys way to quick

Sideofabarn
06-03-2008, 08:36 PM
That sucks the big one rock. It is for reasons like this that I make sure to let my folks know how much I appreciate everything they've ever done for me. My mother's cancer issue taught me that you just never know, and being so far away makes it even more important. As a kid, I just didn't fathom the sacrifices my parents made for us. I suspect all on HBC will hold you in our thoughts during this truly unenviable time...

newhunterette
06-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Rock,
your HBC family is here for you, we support you and feel for you having to go through this rough time - it is hard to find the words to express what one says at times like these

you and your family are in our thoughts always
Alison

quadrakid
06-03-2008, 09:01 PM
sorry for the tough time your going through,it sounds like you love your dad and enjoy your time with him, i,m sure he knows .

plumbob
06-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear of this situation rock, but do you and your dad the favor and never let go of the good times spent together and pass them on to your family when you can.Life is to short is all I can say.All the best to you and your family.

Phil
06-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Sorry to hear about these tough times. All the best to you and your family.

Elkhound
06-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear rock. Enjoy the time while you can

Blainer
06-03-2008, 10:31 PM
That is rough spot to be in,and I have been there myself and all will experiance at some time.I feel for you,I lost my dad in 1998 and my mom in 2004,both to cancer and both 55 years old,and it changed me forever.My mom was a healthy non smoker that had a rare form of cancer that threw me for a loop.I will tell you that the fond memories of my folks used to bring a tear to my eye,but as time passed,the same memories now bring a smile to my face.It will be tough for a while,but those memories of you're dad will eventually make you're future hunts that much more special.Memories are all we have.I'll be thinkin of ya.
Blaine

Kitimat Killer
06-04-2008, 12:00 AM
im very sorry to hear Rock i lost my grampa 2 years ago that i was really close to and it was the hardest thing i went through just think of the good times you guys had and be with him till the end sending all my love for your family.

KK

Mr. Dean
06-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Take and cherish all that you can.
Be strong but comforting.

It's tough,,, I know.

hunter1947
06-04-2008, 03:30 AM
Rock this is very sad news ,very sorry to hear about this news of your hunting partner as for a dad. You are right we only live a short time and we all have to go through it at one time in life in this world. We came into this world with nothing and we leave it with nothing. All you can do is comfort one and the other in your family and spend what time your dad has left seeing him as much as you can. One thing that will always be with you after your father dies is a peace of him will be with you at all times as a peace of him he will be taken from you when he leaves to go to heaven. Very sad news ,I hope that you dad is not suffering with what he has. All our condolence go to you and your family from the Willmans.

Tarp Man
06-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Rock, I struggle to say what may help you get through this hard time. You are right, it is never easy. I see far too much of this at work where the family is no where to be found at a time like this. It means mmore than we know to be with our loved ones at their life's end. Rock, if you need someone to just hike with for a while and be at peace in the woods, I know where to meet you.
Lapadat asked me to also pass on his heart felt sympathy. He doesn't have access to the board right now, but know he is supporting you too.

Jonathan

bsa30-06
06-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Rock, sorry to hear the bad news,spend as much time as you can with him and your family at this time.You said a piece of you will leave with him when he passes....just remember a piece of him will also stay with you in everything he has taught you and the many trips and times you spent together doing the things you love.Best wishes for you and your family at this time.

rocksteady
06-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Sorry for the bad news.

Our thoughts are with you and your family...

huntwriter
06-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Rock I understand what you’re going through because I went through the same thing many years ago. I held my fathers hands as he passed away. We all knew his time had come but when it came it became unbearable for me. I pleaded and begged him not to leave me alone. Not yet anyway, only a year after I had to say goodbye to my beloved mother. My father took my hand and said something to me that gives me strength to this day.

“For as long as you carry your mother and me in your heart and live by the values and morals we taught you, you never will be alone. We will live on in your memory for ever until we meet again. Don’t cry and be sad or let it get you down, it hurts us as parents to see our children in pain and knowing that we are the cause of it. That is not the memory I want to take with me. Smile and be grateful for the time we have had. ”.

There still goes not a day by without me thinking about him and my mother and the times we have had fishing and hunting and that keeps my parents alive.

I hope with all my heart that you will find the strength you so desperately need in this time and be not afraid to accept the hands of your family and friends that want to help you to get through it.

Caveman
06-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Sorry to hear the news Rock. You're hunting partner will never hold you up as he ages, he'll now push you to you're limits. Enjoy and cherish all those great memories. My dad is 73 this year, and we are still building new ones each year. Hunting is the one thing that dad and I share, none of my brothers hunt, so it is something we both relish together and no one will ever take that away. All the best to you and you're family at this difficult time.

2slow
06-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Its one of the hardest things to go through to lose a parent especially if you have a close relationship with them. Our parents are our anchors in life, the lessons they teach us, either good or bad, are what formed us into the people we are today. It sounds like you were blessed with a dad that showed you the things that he loved in life. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during these rough times.

5 spike
06-04-2008, 08:31 PM
sorry to her about this. i lost my dad a few years back, it was a very rough time for my family, hang in there.

Phreddy
06-04-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your pending loss Rock.
I lost my dad in 1974 to cancer and while the pain lessens over the years, it always remains. I desperatly miss my dad sometimes and wish I could talk to him now, when I no longer can.
I can't even begin to describe the guilt I often feel to this day that I didn't phone him more often, using the excuse that the phone works both ways, and didn''t visit with him more often than I did, using all kinds of rationalizations which looking back didn't amount to shit.
The important thing is that you are there for him now. Remind him that you love and respect him and appreciate the wonderful things he tried to do for you, and let him know that you will be there for your mom after he is gone.
Equally important is to talk about your feelings to friends, etc., as that is the only way you will get through the ordeal intact. Your friends will encourage you to talk it out, and be there for you.
God bless you buddy.
Fred

rock
06-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Thank you to everybody for the support and prayers, this community we all belong in is incredible, I must say people on this sight are awesome thanks again for the kind words as well as some wisdom.

Grumpa Joe
06-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Saying a prayer for you and your family. I lost my dad a year ago on June 14th. Not an easy time. Stay strong and rely on your support network to help you through. Remember the good times.

Frontier

newhunterette
06-25-2008, 01:01 AM
Rock,
was so nice to see you out at Jimmy Mac's tonight

and I am so sorry about your Dad

hugs to everyone in your family from me - I was happy I was able to give you your hug personally

Ali

hunter1947
06-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Rock,
was so nice to see you out at Jimmy Mac's tonight

and I am so sorry about your Dad

hugs to everyone in your family from me - I was happy I was able to give you your hug personally

Ali
Its nice to have others on this forum that care about other people that are not family ,good for you Ali ,rock proubly needed that hug ,where's mine :eek:.

riflebuilder
06-25-2008, 08:01 AM
I lost my dad this past Feb. I miss him he was always a anchor in my life. I hope thqt I can be as good of a father as he was. I know it is hard but you will always have him with you in your heart. Family is the most important thing there is and I believe they are forever.

newhunterette
06-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Its nice to have others on this forum that care about other people that are not family ,good for you Ali ,rock proubly needed that hug ,where's mine :eek:.

I am saving them up for you Wayne, you wait :)

06-25-2008, 10:01 AM
My dad was everything a son could ever have asked for in a father. Some nights I am lucky, I dream that we are hunting elk in the Kootenay or deer in alpine meadows. He is always with me. Your father will always be with you too.

Ltbullken
06-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Sorry to hear about your father. If it is any solace, a fall hunt might be just the way to honour his legacy in your life...

All the best to you and your family.

hunter1947
06-26-2008, 05:08 AM
I am saving them up for you Wayne, you wait :)

LOL ,:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:.