PDA

View Full Version : Bose lake

longwalk
06-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Just returned from a weeks camping at Bose lake. Still a great site to camp but lots of people, I have never seen it so busy. The fishing was decent, but it rained for most of the week which was a good thing as the bugs were kept to a minimum. Saw lots of critters, moose,deer and bear. Cannot wait for next month to head back out.

Slime green cat
06-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Is this the Bose lake up near Merrit ? I haven't been there since I was a kid ....
I cant beleive it was busy , the couple times we were there we had the place to ourselves .

longwalk
06-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Is this the Bose lake up near Merrit ? I haven't been there since I was a kid ....
I cant beleive it was busy , the couple times we were there we had the place to ourselves .

The one and the same, I have been camping there for the last ten years and I have never seen it so packed. It used to be that we would have the entire lake to ourselves for several days on end. I think the lack of forest sector jobs and the price of fuel is having the affect of the locals staying closer to home, and why not? Bose is a nice little lake with decent fishing (Gord Honey was in with groups of fisherman for a couple of days) and the sites are clean for the most part. At the end of our stays we always do a complete clean up of of our site and leave it cleaner than we found it. I fear this may change as the week end party crowd spends more time there.

oddsix
06-03-2008, 06:24 PM
I think i may have been there. Is Davis Lake just around the corner?

Greenhead
06-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey Longwalk, were you the one in the trailer, or the tents and camper? I fished it two days last week, and was very impressed with the clean organized camp the guy with the trailer had! No way I would make in there with my rig so I stayed at logan and drove to other lakes every day.
Tonnes of mulie does up there hey.
GH

MattB
06-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Bose lake near HVC mine?

longwalk
06-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey Longwalk, were you the one in the trailer, or the tents and camper? I fished it two days last week, and was very impressed with the clean organized camp the guy with the trailer had! No way I would make in there with my rig so I stayed at logan and drove to other lakes every day.
Tonnes of mulie does up there hey.
GH
Yup that was us in the trailer, easy enough to drag it in if you take it easy, going home the Spud lake road was pretty soft from all the rain, the trailer was in past the axels in a couple of spots. All in all still one of my favourite spots. The mulie does are almost tame there, no pressure being on the mine property.

longwalk
06-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Hello MattB, you have the right Bose lake, tucked in behind the HVC mine, the mine also does pretty neat tours if you can get one booked.

Laurence_Erickson
06-03-2008, 09:15 PM
long walk is there any size to the fish in there? I have never fished it .

longwalk
06-04-2008, 05:28 AM
long walk is there any size to the fish in there? I have never fished it .
The fishing can be good, most of the fish will be in the 14-16'' range. Last fall I pulled out on that measured 22 inches and I think that there is even bigger ones in there. I am not a great fly fisherman, just troll a small leach pattern and it seems to work.

Steeleco
06-04-2008, 05:43 AM
I think i may have been there. Is Davis Lake just around the corner?

I think the one your thinking of if Boss?? It's between Thala and Davis in the Kane valley. Good bear hunting in there too :wink::wink:

johnk
06-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Being at Tunkwa for nine years afforded me the opportunity to fish Bose quite extensively. I have taken fish to 26" at Bose with the majority of the quality fish being caught in July when the traveller sedges are emerging. I believe the lake is at 4400' and fishes quite well throughout the summer. There are spots along Spud Lake Rd. including Spud Lk. Swamp that holds good moose populations. I can't believe someone would pull a trailer out that way with all the water bars unless of course you went around the north end of the BIG moose meadow.