PDA

View Full Version : Scouting trip...

srupp
05-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Went flying yesterday for 6 hours..in a A- STAR then a 206 west of Willies Puddle..man was it GREEEEEEN everywhere..saw lots of PELICANS..and deer and MOOSE...and cariboo...ITCHAS...and even bears..

Great day for a flight(s) and lots of game looking very healthy only exception is the CALI sheep are in a pickle with plummetting numbers..

Steven :biggrin:

Wolfman
05-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Lucky dog ;-)

Wolfman

srupp
05-31-2008, 11:07 AM
SOMEBODY has to do it..lol..

Steven

Vansmasher
05-31-2008, 03:31 PM
did you see any game in the Punti lake area?

mark
05-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Srupp, how can you tell the calis numbers are dropping from a plane ride??? In previous posts you've stated seeing numerous full curls, and sheep in places where youve never seen them before. I was under the impression the sheep herd was slowly improving near the fraser???? :confused:

srupp
05-31-2008, 04:04 PM
errr PUNTZI lake area.....YES...LOTS OF MOOSE..

Mark...the places we are seeing em are not where the problem is..there used to be 800 sheep @ the junction..now almost ZERO same goes all down the Fraser yes there are some small pockets hanging on but even those are getting harder to find..and both trips were CHOPPERS much lower and easier to spot game while still thinking of my patients at the other end..

While the cariboo herd is huge and doing well thank you very muchly...

I have kept very good track of the #'s over the years and pretty accurate ......

Steven

MattB
05-31-2008, 05:41 PM
moose eh....any good spots for moose sheds? :-)

whitetailsheds
05-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Sorry Steven, but I had to chuckle when you mentioned patients and helicopters. I could picture you and/ or medical staff working on a patient up there doing CPR and the following occuring, " ....and 3 and 4 and 15, check pulse.......no pulse, resume CPR, 1 and 2 and 3 and...... "Holy S.H.I.T".....look at the size of that ram!!!!"

srupp
05-31-2008, 08:33 PM
hmmm whitetaile sheds..you OBVIOUSLY know your CPR.....lol...when game shows up under the chopper..THEN you do the "check pulses" but adjust the timing to last the complete time the animal is in site...

Matt I would think anwhere along the south of Itches..SATAH mtn

Steven

MattB
05-31-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks Steve, can you drive to that mountain?

waistdeep
05-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Me and the boys are Itchin for Itcha, numbers are good you say..... should be a awesome fall adventure, Great to hear the info

srupp
05-31-2008, 10:39 PM
Great #'s and some huge bulls the last few years...lots of mass..no rds..

fly in or wagon rd..No quads ..
Steven

hunter1947
06-01-2008, 04:05 AM
Its nice when you can get out and see the country and game from the air . This is what I have always wanted to do ,never have done what you did ,you are lucky that you can fly into remote areas and see nature at its best.

Vansmasher
06-01-2008, 08:01 AM
errr PUNTZI lake area.....YES...LOTS OF MOOSE..

Mark...the places we are seeing em are not where the problem is..there used to be 800 sheep @ the junction..now almost ZERO same goes all down the Fraser yes there are some small pockets hanging on but even those are getting harder to find..and both trips were CHOPPERS much lower and easier to spot game while still thinking of my patients at the other end..

While the cariboo herd is huge and doing well thank you very muchly...

I have kept very good track of the #'s over the years and pretty accurate ......

Steven
errr..? There's actually a PUNTI Lake not far from Puntzi..... just to let you know.
LOTS OF MOOSE?? I've hunted deer in that area the last 4 rememberance day long weekends, have yet to see a moose or a moose track.... just some really old dried up scat. I was under the assumption that the Redstone natives had pretty much wacked every moose in that area.... but maybe the moose just move out of that area later in the fall, not really sure where they would go from there however??
I like the deer hunting there but would never go there to hunt moose.

srupp
06-01-2008, 02:44 PM
moose..check NORTH of hwy 20..and MORE than 1/4 km off any rd..

I PROMISE you the MOST moose i ever seen in my life were in that area..flew over and in ONE MEADOW..were over 100 moose..they had moved in for wintering...but they didnt come from the Kootenays..THEY WERE LOCAL moose..

I will look up Punti LAKE tonite @ work..after BCRAMS comes by after his fishing trip...

Steven