PDA

View Full Version : Newbie LEH decisions - Goat and Whitetail and Caribou

BiG Boar
05-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Hey HBC, I need some help on picking areas that I should apply for goat, whitetail and Caribou. I really have no ideas about where I should go on these LEH's. Any areas and reasons for why I should apply there would be great. This is my first year of serious hunting, so any PM's would be appriciated! I live in the lower rain land. But distance isnt really a huge issue. I know I could try to figure it all out myself, but experiencing the actual area itself wont be possible before I apply. Please dont give me your honey hole....okay do. haha and if you need someone to be your bit@h on goat or caribou hunts, please feel free to use me, and maybe I can learn a thing or two. Dave

cmac
05-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Can't remember the management unit off hand but just out of rutland is a good spot for whitetails, the odds are reasonable, it is easy country to navigate lots of cut blocks and lots of deer. Good weekend trip from the lowermainland.

Caveman
05-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Cherryville is quite popular for Whitetail

Jelvis
05-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Goat; Chilliwack Lake area up the Slesse mt and different creeks close to home for you, Check leh for Goat
Caribou
Source of the Chicotin River above Anihim Lake check leh
White-Tailed Deer
Grand Forks West for whities. check leh

Jelly-leh-prospects 4 U ?

scottgreen
05-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Whitetail Does in Rock Creek!

If you get a tag, you WILL get a deer. Thats does though =/

For bucks, not so great of chance of getting a deer, although my first buck was taken there.