PDA

View Full Version : Cowichan Bowmen 3D Hell Hole

etech
05-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Anyone wishing information on the upcoming shoot, check out the Cowichan web page.
The Cowichan Bowmen Hell Hole shoot will be on June 7th, and 8th.
Walk on start for Saturday, with a shotgun start on Sunday.

For more details see
http://www.cowichanbowmen.com

Grantmac
05-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Is walk-on registration alright, or should I pre-register? Any thoughts on shooting two classes?
Cheers,
Grant

Bow Walker
05-26-2008, 09:50 AM
You may not have enough "poop" to shoot more than one class. It's a steep n' deep Hole! Take along some oxygen, some rappeling gear, and a good GPS - you'll likely need all of it.

Ron.C
05-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Don't let the name "Hell Hole" deter you at all. The trail the guys have laid out is not difficult to walk, and no where near as hard as some make it out to be. We have lots of kids and "seasoned" shooters that can walk the course with no problem. Having said that, I don't know about shooting two classes? You will certainly have time on Saturday to shoot the course more than once but I am not sure about Sunday.

Bow Walker
05-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Just kidding, really....the famed Hell Hole presents some very interesting shots. Downhill, uphill, sideways and everything else it seems. Judging distance and compensating for severe angles is the key, I think. Every time I've been in the Hole I've been puffin' like a bellows when I make my way out of it. Pee poor shape for a 59+ year oldster I guess.

All in all it's a great cardio workout and makes for great practice when hunting rolls around and you see that 4-point after crawling up the ridge, and your heart is going like a triphammer.

Grantmac
05-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Just trying to decide if I want to use my wheelie bow or my longbow, I figured maybe I can use both? But then again, I did get a bit worn-out at my last 3D. Of course I was a bit overbowed and did a lot of shooting at lunch which didn't help the situation. I think it'll probably come down to my mood that day.
So is preregistering a good idea or what?
Thanks,
Grant

Ron.C
05-27-2008, 08:12 AM
The good thing about the walk on start on Saturday is you can take as much rest as needed between rounds and head out for your afternoon round when you are ready. And there is lots of time to register when you get to the shoot

bow guy
05-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Hey I hear you will be able to test all the new bows for 2008 at the 3-D; PSE, AR, Browning, Hoyt, Bowtec, Alpine, Kodiak, 10 PT X bows, etc. Browning Camo company will be there as well. A fully stocked archery shop will be set up will lots of specials!!!! PRIZE TABLE will have compound bows, recurve bow, Jim Shockey products, Plano bow cases, custom jacket, camo clothing, tru glo products, Merrell targets, Big Shot 3-D targets, Rip Cord products, Celestron spotting scopes, Buckwear, Buck knives and on and on and on. Sounds like you don't want to miss this shoot. The 3-D part of the shoot is one of the best you will ever experience, hope to see you all there. Walk on start anytime from 6:30 am on.

BowSitter
05-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Just my two cents but last years shoot was one of the best that I've been too.

Espanola
05-30-2008, 06:33 AM
Shot my 1st 3 D this past weekend in Campbell River....along with my 8yr old son. We had a great time and kudos to Rod Saunders, Shane Renouf and all who pitched in.
Looking forward to the Duncan "Hell Hole" event. Plan on making a weekend get-away for the family(4). Looking at staying at the 'Village Green'. Does anyone have any comment/suggestions on accommodation in the Duncan area?
Thanks
Mel

bow guy
05-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Look at the Travelodge first I think it has a swimming pool for the kids 250 748 4311 and is only maybe 3 miles from shoot, right on the main hwy just before the silver bridge accross from White Spot or Best Western 250 748 2722. See you at the shoot

Espanola
06-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Travel Lodge was full when we tried last Thurs., Best Western allows 10lb pets and our yellow Lab refuses to jam into a cat box....Village Green for some reason couldn't get through to..? We'll keep looking.
Thanks for the input, see you there.

Can you shoot with mini Blazers? And can you use a sight with more than 4 pins?
Mel

Bow Walker
06-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Travel Lodge was full when we tried last Thurs., Best Western allows 10lb pets and our yellow Lab refuses to jam into a cat box....Village Green for some reason couldn't get through to..? We'll keep looking.
Thanks for the input, see you there.

Can you shoot with mini Blazers? And can you use a sight with more than 4 pins?
Mel
Yes, and yes. Good luck.

OOBuck
06-09-2008, 06:56 AM
Wow, great shoot!! Saturday my son & I did not so good, but Sunday we shot great and I won a new Alpine bow!! WOO HOO!!!!:razz:

Bowzone_Mikey
06-10-2008, 06:19 PM
http://forum.bowzone.ca/images/smilies/needpics.gif

yup ... That about sums it up ...

I am gonna work around holidays to get down for this shoot next year

Bow Walker
06-10-2008, 07:07 PM

I don't know BZM, you might be classified as a GHOF and hence will be required to have a mentor/handholder/oxygen carrier. All at a suitable low cost for seniors of course.

You do qualify for the senior's discount don't you? Got any grey up there? Got something up there?

I hope to be able to hookup with you at the shoot next year. You'll need a guide/oxygen carrier anyway. (and I'll need a coach)

Bowzone_Mikey
06-10-2008, 07:28 PM
a senoirs discount at 32 ??? does that give you a Fossil discount?

I doo have grey hair tho .. but keep it short on the sides so it dont show so much ... But the chicks dig the rustic older look

BowSitter
06-10-2008, 07:39 PM

I doo have grey hair tho .. but keep it short on the sides so it dont show so much ... But the chicks dig the rustic older look

By chicks you mean wife!!:lol:

OOBuck
06-10-2008, 07:41 PM

This is the little beauty here: http://www.alpinearchery.com/silvermatchsabre.html

Best 24.00 dollars I ever spent... I liked the look on the guys faces
that must have spent hundreds on tickets...:-D

Best part was telling the wife not to be mad that I put a new bow on the visa card!!

Bow Walker
06-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Great score for 2 dozen loonies! If you need help dialing her in to your specs, I'm ready an willin'....

Bow Walker
06-11-2008, 08:22 AM

Yup. They sure do. They think you're harmless...:wink: