PDA

View Full Version : Serving wax

05-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Just a question....is all serving wax created equal?? Can I use my Excalibur serving wax on my compound? Oh yeah, I purchased a PSE Stinger today....so far I love it. Quiet and accurate.

swamper
05-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Most of us don't wax our serving on a compound. Just the string itself.

threedhunter
05-24-2008, 10:31 PM
yes, wax the serving as it will help it stay flexible(uv).if you use a release on the string it will decrease wear there.if you use fingers it will help protect the serving from wear as well.:razz:

huntwriter
05-25-2008, 07:37 AM
To my knowledge there is no serving wax only string wax, but then again I could be mistaken because I only use string wax on the serving and strings. And yes they are all created equal. Regardless of brand they all use the same ingredients.

As threedhunter pointed out, adding wax to the serving will make it last longer. I use a caliper release and the friction it creates on the serving will decrease by waxing it.

Bow Walker
05-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Yes - string wax is string wax, is serving wax, is wax for all occasions. Use it confidently on your serving and string as well. Wax regularily, it'll prolong the life of your string ans serving.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-26-2008, 04:41 PM
string wax is used on servings as well ... But i must disagree with the general statements from above ...Not all wax is created equal ...there is breeds of wax out there that are specifically for synthetic materials that have an additional conditioner in them .. I would look for these ... Bohning Brand from CDN tire or anywhere ... just be sure it states "for synthetic strings" or alike on the package ... and you will be fine