PDA

View Full Version : Defender Pack?

killman
05-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Has anyone seen a holster like pack that goes on your back and hold your defender? it put the access to the butt just above one of your shoulders. I had see one years ago but cant seem to find.

Thanks

sakohunter
05-22-2008, 08:42 PM
You could take a look at NIMROD packs. I seem to remember a backpack scabbard accessory in their pack collection. Good luck

Clint_S
05-23-2008, 07:56 AM
I saw one on a saddle makers site but they were definitely not cheap. I might be able to dig up a link if you are interested.

bighornbob
05-23-2008, 08:24 AM
I have the scabbard part that I used to carry while working in forestry. I tried attaching it to my cruisers vest but that fdid not work too well. I then used the shoulder straps from my belly boat and rigged it up. It worked pretty well.

I dont use the scabbard part any more so I would be willing to sell it if you are interested. PM me if you are and I can send you some photos.

BHB

srupp
05-24-2008, 08:05 PM
I have one..got it @# Chilcotin Guns in Williams Lake..Al or Wayne...

I personally DONT recomend them...If you suspect you may have need of a shotgun for defensive purposes..carry it and dont even install a sling..imho

Steven

MidnightRun
05-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Not sure if this is what you're after.

http://www.okanagansaddlery.com/Defender_page_3.htm

http://www.okanagansaddlery.com/defender3.jpg

killman
05-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks for all the input guys.

dana
05-25-2008, 05:26 PM
I believe that Glen Pickering of Chasing Summer Outfitters out of Clearwater was making Cruisers Vests with a Defender carrier built in. Glen can pretty much customize anything. I've been using one of his customized cruisers vests for years now. I believe his number is 250-587-6481.

Clint_S
05-28-2008, 03:39 PM
The only problem is Defenders are pieces of crap. Notorious for having the bolt plate bend allowing the firing pin to come out and jam the action especially when shooting slugs or heavy loads.
Got one for sale if someone wants to buy it.