PDA

View Full Version : Compounds

05-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Any body know anything about the PSE Stinger?? The local archery shop has a great package deal.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-21-2008, 04:38 PM
its a good starter bow ..If you havent shot a high end bow you wouldnt know the differance,
Just make sure it feels "right" .... otherwise you would never be happy with it

05-21-2008, 08:15 PM
I realize this may be a difficult question to answer, but what would the primary differences be between an introductory bow and an upper-end bow??

Bowzone_Mikey
05-21-2008, 09:31 PM
most noticably price ...
but Little subtlties ...like but not limited to :
Riser, Machined (high end) or Cast (entry)
Cam Design (hard "wall" or soft, Most entry bows have a soft back wall at full draw, with a very high let-off and not so much of a dump at full draw ... more of a gradual let off..ie: not a very agressive cam design)
Draw lenth adjustibilty ... Large draw adjusts are usually associated with entry level bows to adjust with the newer archer as his/her technique/form changes.
"Ready to hunt" or Feild Ready" packages indicate the entry level... as with rifles, Bows are a very personal choice, and that includes accesories like sights, Stabilizers, Loop or string, heck even the string is a personal choice (I like a 16 or 18 strand of 8125 material others like a 20 strand of 452X material) as are arrows ... I hunt with Easton epic 400s, others hunt with CE 4570s others hunt with Easton FMJs .. I use 100grain points others 85gr or 125 gr.

Does that give you a better Idea ...
In no way Am I saying its a bad bow ... but keep in mind its not the Cadillac of Bows ... it more a Dodge Neon

Bow Walker
05-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Lottsa mileage in a Dodge Neon, though. Many people go no further up the ladder than "entry level" as it fits their wants and needs very well.

Entry Level products often carry a stigma about them that is just not true - although it could endup being like buying a boat and coming down with that boater's disease called "two-foot-itus".

Welcome to the fraternity of Archery.