PDA

View Full Version : May Long Weekend Teaser

Rock Doctor
05-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Well, it's that time, the lakes are breaking up, and the fishing has started.
This is a quick little glimpse of my long weekend. Broken Argo's to Big Fish.
We had alot of fun, it's just to bad we could not get more people to go on the trip with us.
The older fellow came in on his own later on Friday evening. He got himself stuck about halfway on the trail and killed his battery (Argo Stalled). It took him 4 hrs to walk to where we were. He is a diabetic, and had 2 sugar lows on the way. He had to stop and have 2 naps on the way in. He "literally" looked like a walking dead man when he finally made contact with us.
Can you imagine walking about five miles down this trail, even when healthy??
Oh Ya, I saw no less than 30 bears on this trip, they seem to be coming out of the woodword around here now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xhhlyND7Nk

Mr. Dean
05-21-2008, 03:59 PM
That feller had an ABSOLUTELY $h%^##y day. Crashing like that can be nasty. His passion for the outdoors shows, not to mention his will.

I'm sure he thought it might be his last outing.
Thanx for helping him out.

Rock Doctor
05-21-2008, 09:13 PM
That feller had an ABSOLUTELY $h%^##y day. Crashing like that can be nasty. His passion for the outdoors shows, not to mention his will.

I'm sure he thought it might be his last outing.
Thanx for helping him out.

He's a pretty good guy (Darrell Sittler's brother actually), he just doesn't take very good care of himself sometimes. We fed him and put him to bed, he was much better the next morning.
The guy that ownes the Avenger that had the blown bearing, took my Argo out the next day and rescued the stuck argo, while I fixed his argo. It just so happens that there is another brokedown argo in the area, I stole a bearing off it to fix the other one. Now I have to go out again this weekend to fix that other Argo:?. Is any of this making any sence?:shock: Anyone want to buy an Argo, I might be able to get you a deal. lol

RD

BlacktailStalker
05-21-2008, 10:29 PM
You're living right.

browningboy
05-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Looks like fun in the keg! Shitty luck with the drive shaft bearing, curious, ever break a chain?

Rock Doctor
05-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Looks like fun in the keg! Shitty luck with the drive shaft bearing, curious, ever break a chain?

Yes I did:evil:. I had a large ratchet strap sitting up on the back seat, and the hook dropped down into the back of the Argo. The hook slipped through the gap between the floorboard and the body. The chain to the back axle picked up the hook and carried it into the back axle sprocket.
I'm not kidding, I thought someone fired a gun right behind my head, it was that loud when it busted the chain. A friend was about half a mile away, and he heard it. He came over thinking I had shot a bear or something.

Never, ever, leave something like a ratchet strap sitting on your back Argo seat while driving. Lesson Learned:roll:

RD