PDA

View Full Version : bear down , and then up and then down (:

Barracuda
05-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Lloyd was gracious enough to take me to his area for a day trip(thanks again Lloyd) . the day started out as they often do just covering terrain for the first part of the day till we found suitable sections.

The area is very mountainous and alot of it is sparsly covered with vegitaion. we got up one section of mountain and proceeded to glass, we spot a lone boar about a mountain and a half away, and proceeded to make our way over. once we got over and figureing out exactly where we saw it we moved in.
Lloyd and I set for the shot below the bear but unfortunatly Lloyd did not have a clear shot because of the debris.
From where i was i had a clear chest shot as he was faceing me, Lloyd said "if youve got the shot take it" so i touched one off and it slammed the bear exactly where it should have and it dropped like a rock.

Waited a few seconds of seeing nothing more then a leg tremor and i said "Its done" , Then the bear lauched itself into full tilt boogie mode and was Charging straight towards us, I had the bear in my sights and waited nano seconds for the right shot ,(it seemed like slow mo and Lloyd had already shouldered and taken sight wondering what i was waiting for :-D) I touched of the shot slamming into the bear and sending him off in the opposite direction of us and i sent another round down at him as he slipped into cover ( missed thank god) . I scrambled up the hill along side the direction of him,while loading rounds into the spent magazine and stopped at a vantage point where i could see him lyeing behind a log expired .

I made my way down to him did the poke with the rifle made sure he was dead and then proceeded to clean him out. although i like shoulder shots best if presented My two shots were right on the mark through the chest leaving tennis ball size holes in him . how this bear managed to do what he did is beyond comprehension with the damage sustained. he was dead from the first shot but was the exception to the rule and didnt know it .

He looks to be a pretty well scarred up male and should make some good meat. Fat was white and all he was eating was greens.

Thanks very much for takeing me out there Lloyd had a great time:biggrin:
Anytime you want to go out with the hounds on my dime let me know :-P

Steeleco
05-20-2008, 03:34 PM
You know the rules, PICTURES!!!

Barracuda
05-20-2008, 03:50 PM
OOPS!
didnt even bring a camera with me but so all i can post is pics of the dead bear once it got home:roll:

bsa30-06
05-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Definately was an exciting couple of seconds, got the heart pumping a little when he started charging right at us.Post up any pictures you took.The bear had a couple scars across the top of his head, he had been in a battle or two before.Thanks for answering my "anybody interested" thread was a great day with a succesful ending,would hunt with you anytime.Would love to see those hounds in action.Hey you forgot to tell them about the cub you sent running up a tree.!!!!!

Barracuda
05-20-2008, 06:16 PM
earlier in the day we spotted bear a way off in the distance. So i decided to give the predator call a blow. soon as i did that a little cub went shooting out to the nearest tree and flew up it and momma ran forward being very protective LOL!

here a picture of the boar hanging.
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Bear_and_Chickens_013_Small_.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Bear_and_Chickens_015_Small_.jpg

bsa30-06
05-20-2008, 06:23 PM
earlier in the day we spotted bear a way off in the distance. So i decided to give the predator call a blow. soon as i did that a little cub went shooting out to the nearest tree and flew up it and momma ran forward being very protective LOL!

here a picture of the boar hanging.
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Bear_and_Chickens_013_Small_.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/Bear_and_Chickens_015_Small_.jpg

i think that poor cub is still scared.:-DYou didnt get in to much shit when you got home did you?Nice pictures.

Barracuda
05-20-2008, 06:29 PM
she arrived just as i was finishing off load it into the back. shes tickled pink . :smile:

Steeleco
05-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Your going to miss this down under!! Good score.

bsa30-06
05-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Your going to miss this down under!! Good score.

I'm sure they have alot of other animals down there that are willing to charge at him.:-D

KodiakHntr
05-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Chances are better than good that the bear in the picture wasn't "charging" you, just running to get away. Bears quite often fall at the shot then bounce around and take off at a dead run in whatever direction they happen to be pointed in.

bsa30-06
05-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Chances are better than good that the bear in the picture wasn't "charging" you, just running to get away. Bears quite often fall at the shot then bounce around and take off at a dead run in whatever direction they happen to be pointed in.

yep we figure he just took off runnin whatever direction he was facing when he got up,but he was comin fast and we didnt want to take the time to ask him:lol:.

interceptor
05-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Great stuff Cuda,

Sounds like a blast, and don't worry we have plenty of cranky old boars that would love nothing better than to run over the top of ya! :)

Cheers Noel

lip_ripper00
05-20-2008, 08:39 PM
well , if Lloyd can find a bear their must be LOTS out!!:mrgreen: Good to hear it worked out. Noel, you still coming up this way?

bsa30-06
05-20-2008, 08:45 PM
well , if Lloyd can find a bear their must be LOTS out!!:mrgreen: Good to hear it worked out. Noel, you still coming up this way?

I do believe he's makin fun of me!!!!!!!!Them bears those are those big things with antlers on there head ain't they.

lip_ripper00
05-20-2008, 08:50 PM
I do believe he's makin fun of me!!!!!!!!Them bears those are those big things with antlers on there head ain't they.

looking forward to seeing the addition to your trophy wall!!!:-D

Barracuda
05-20-2008, 09:50 PM

hence the reason it says "chargeing towards us" and not "charging us" LOL!
gotta say that i have seen bears pop back up but not that long after being shot and alwas in a direction contrary from where the shot was fired from.

Given the fact that he had clear view of us and was getting closer at an extremly high rate of speed and did not take evasive action till another round sent him in another direction , I sure wasnt gonna sit there like a dumbass trying to second guess his intentions till he was in my lap thats for sure .

Made for a fun few seconds :lol:

Elkhound
05-20-2008, 10:43 PM
nice job boys. Next time bring a camera.......on second thought, pics of the bear without your mugs in there is best.:tongue:

Schutzen
05-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Awesome guys!
Now thats a nice bear Cuda. Can't beat good teamwork, eh.

interceptor
05-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Lil-Ripper,

Yeah mate, but I am heading to Alberta though.

Cheers Noel

hunter1947
05-21-2008, 03:16 AM
Nice pic of your bear ,love the long claws on him ,congrats to your successhttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

Mr. Dean
05-21-2008, 10:12 AM
There starting to fall from the sky. Nice animal there cuda - C'grats.

pmj
05-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Gentlemen, http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif
Good hunting and a great story. It is great to hear when guys get together from the site for some hunting8-).