PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Leupold Wind River Sequoia spotting scope

msawyer
05-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Hello all...

I have an opportunity to buy a very lightly used Leupold Wind River Sequoia spotting scope for about 1/2 of retail price. Has anyone used this scope and if so, can you advise me on whether this might be a good scope to get, particularly at this price.

Many thanks

Mike
________
Ford Pinto engine (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Pinto_engine)

Gateholio
05-17-2008, 01:16 AM
The Wind River brand of leupolds is thier bargain brand..

Depends on what you want it for. Spotting at the range, sure it will work. Hard core hunting trip, with lots of bumps and bruises? Give it a pass..

RMG
05-17-2008, 03:32 AM
I have one of these, it is decent for half retail. The one I have changes focus throughout the zoom range, which is aggravating. I find the image is clear in the lower half of the zoom ranges, however it gets foggy in the upper ranges. These are not made by Leupold US, but are imports from offshore, mine doesn't say where, just imported by Leupold.

Mik
05-18-2008, 05:16 AM
If you have never owned a spotting scope before, then this is a good one to get into. Before you know-it, you'll be tradin' up.

Fisher-Dude
05-18-2008, 07:46 AM
They are not bad for the price. Now that I have my Swaro, my huntin' partner has been using my Sequoia. He likes it a LOT more than his Bushnell crap. If you can get it for 1/2 price, and don't have a spotter, and have no chance of ever saving for a Swaro, Leica, or Zeiss, then I'd say go for it.