PDA

View Full Version : Brookmere area...

popcan
05-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Anyone know how high the snow line is now?

Heading that way next Friday for a look-see.

Steeleco
05-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Sorry I can't answer the question, but I would also like to know, there's a big brown bear up there, we have an appointment!!!!

popcan
05-17-2008, 10:05 AM
if it's the one we've seen in the last week, it has 2 cubs with it.

Spotted it more east, towards the 5A connector direction.

I was surprised, thought they stayed more in the Whipsaw area.

rocksteady
05-17-2008, 01:03 PM
WOW...Had a flashback whenI saw the name of the place.....

Shot my first ever deer up there back in 1982....Thynne Mountain Road...

CanuckShooter
05-18-2008, 03:31 AM
My grandparents lived in Brookmere years ago. We drove through Brookmere from Merritt side up to Aspen Grove, and around Tulameen way around april 10 and most of the snow was gone up there then. Just had to go see the old homesite and see what things looked like after 25 or so years had passed.

popcan
05-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks C-shooter!

So I guess it was a bit of a shock to see the developments going in there eh?

I was talking to a construction guy last year there, and the houses are supposed to be totally computer controlled, and remotely operable.
I think he said they were marketing heavily to Germany...? Not sure why that is.

Where was the G/P's homestead? Right in Brookmere?

Steeleco
05-18-2008, 01:13 PM
I want to move into the old trappers cabin on Brook lake!! LOL, I have a distinct feeling that has the houses go up the access to the area will go down. How long before they call it "their" woods

I'm determined to get in there next W/E, look for a red canyon or a green tracker!!!

sfire436
05-18-2008, 01:15 PM
I was just up there at the begining of this month and the lakes at the higher elevations were still frozen

Steeleco
05-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks sfire436, I expect they will be for a bit, we we're in there last June 10th and could only get 6km past the lakes.

They have been doing lots of pine control on the Lwr McPhail roads, it may be a little early for green but it's better there than in front of the puter!!!

DBM
05-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Was there today, considering it's the long weekend it wasn't too busy.
It's just starting to green up now so in another week it should be better.

The roads at the summit are still inaccessible because of the snow.

popcan
05-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Is the little camp site at Andy lake snow free?

I used that as a base camp with some friends last year.

CanuckShooter
05-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks C-shooter!

So I guess it was a bit of a shock to see the developments going in there eh?

I was talking to a construction guy last year there, and the houses are supposed to be totally computer controlled, and remotely operable.
I think he said they were marketing heavily to Germany...? Not sure why that is.

Where was the G/P's homestead? Right in Brookmere?

Sure does look different now, my GPs place was the first on the right in Brookmere, when coming in from the north [merritt side]. I can remember when the houses were all there on the foundations[west side brookmere], the train yard was in operation, and there was a store/gas station, and community hall also....

Used to walk the tracks to the north and fish the beaver pond, or hike south and fish the pools alongside the tracks there...many many moons ago, lots of good memories from Brookmere for me.