PDA

View Full Version : hunting stores near agassiz/harrison??

McRackin
05-15-2008, 06:48 PM
im going camping up north of harrison lake for the long weekend im wondering if there are any hunting stores around the area of harrison/aggasiz where i can find ammunition.

ruger#1
05-15-2008, 06:50 PM
kent outdoors in agassi. http://www.kentoutdoors.ca/

bsa30-06
05-15-2008, 06:54 PM
kent outdoors in agassi. http://www.kentoutdoors.ca/

What ruger#1 said......and unless you like being surounded by drunkin a-holes go camp elsewhere.I will never again go anywhere near harrison on the may long weekend.

ElectricDyck
05-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Yeah Kent outdoors, very helpful.

I don't camp on long weekends anymore unless I'm far away from anywhere. There will be drunkin idiots everywhere. I was at ten mile bay one time in the middle of the day with my kids and these guys start shooting a 22 out across the lake.
The police will be out in full force though. They said on the radio they'll be handing out $125 tickets to those not camped in designated camp spots and illegally parked vehicles will get towed. Best to get farther away.

bsa30-06
05-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah Kent outdoors, very helpful.

I don't camp on long weekends anymore unless I'm far away from anywhere. There will be drunkin idiots everywhere. I was at ten mile bay one time in the middle of the day with my kids and these guys start shooting a 22 out across the lake.
The police will be out in full force though. They said on the radio they'll be handing out $125 tickets to those not camped in designated camp spots and illegally parked vehicles will get towed. Best to get farther away.

wow.....guess they'll make enough to pay the whole departments salary for the year , and thats just on the east side of the lake.:lol: Seriuosly though there will be no shortage of drunk idiots up there this weekend.

twoSevenO
05-17-2008, 07:02 PM
wow.....guess they'll make enough to pay the whole departments salary for the year , and thats just on the east side of the lake.:lol: Seriuosly though there will be no shortage of drunk idiots up there this weekend.

big time! ... the number of irresponsible people out there is astounding. I don't venture out on May long either, much safer and quieter to stay at home, then join the gong show ....

just not looking forward to seeing all the new garbage next time i go fishing up there. Guess it's time to stock up on the extra LARGE garbage bags :roll::roll:

ElectricDyck
05-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Talked to a parks warden while up skagit valley today and he said in addition to it being a long weekend with good weather it's a grad party weekend. We saw about 200 people camped on the side of the logging road and almost creamed a quad that drove out in front of us. My wife and I are embarrassed that we were like them, it's gonna be scary when our boys are teenagers.

threezero0six

Tarp Man
05-19-2008, 11:34 AM
I hope they are out there with road blocks. That should cut down on the shooting. I drove up the Florence Lake FSR last weekend, and there are signs everywhere declaring "No Target Shooting" and the pertinent bylaw. Of course those signs are shot full of holes. Hopefully this differentiates between the hunters and target shooters that have destroyed so much crap up there. I am waiting to hear back from the Forestry office about the no shooting zones.

On Saturday I went for a hike up the Chilliwack Valley, and found hordes of people camping everywhere and anywhere. I don't envy the Parks officers up there at all. Like being told to police a riot with nerf bats. Fun times for sure.