PDA

View Full Version : Kenetrek Boot Fit

pupper
05-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I just got my Kenetrek Hardscrabble hikers in size 11.5 , here is a pic:
http://store.carterscobblershoppe.com/ke-420-hk.html

I try them on and they seem a touch too long, is this just a matter of breaking them in and the movement will stop? My danners are the same size and my foot fits like a glove but I wonder if its because they are broken in? anyways in the Kenetrek with my foot all the way forward I can fit my middle finger behind the heel, is that too much room? should I get a .5 size smaller?

Justin

MattB
05-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Might not be bad if you wear a couple of pairs of socks in em?

Sitkaspruce
05-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Send them back Justin

The boot will actually get a bit bigger as you break them in. A finger is too much room and two pair of socks will just cause more concerns. You paid good money for them, get what fits you really well. Send in a good trace of your feet and let them help you.

SS

pupper
05-14-2008, 10:47 PM
yah I got them for spring, summer, and early season hiking with no insulation so I dont want to be counter that by wearing 3 pairs of wool socks. I will send them back, what do you think go down .5 size or 1 size?

Sitkaspruce
05-15-2008, 07:33 AM
yah I got them for spring, summer, and early season hiking with no insulation so I dont want to be counter that by wearing 3 pairs of wool socks. I will send them back, what do you think go down .5 size or 1 size?

Try .5 as that would give a you a good feel. Use the trace method and see what they can do. They are great guys to deal with.

SS