PDA

View Full Version : Chilliwack Sturgeon Guide

Rackmastr
05-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Hey Guys,
I'm going to Chilliwack from May 26-Jun13 and am looking to maybe find a fishing guide out there to go for Sturgeon. Being from Alberta I think it would be a cool way to spend a weekend day while on course out there.
I have found a few guides online but would like any suggestions or reccomendations from anyone that may know people out there or have used someone in the past...

Any suggestions or comments???

srupp
05-12-2008, 06:08 PM
ithout a doubt there are some amazing guides down there..I went out with Thomas, OWNER of TNT marina in Abbotsford, he REALLY know his stuff and put me into TONS of sturgeon..I was like a knuckle dragging ape when the day was done...more sturgeon than I dared to even hope for.My first came w/i several minutes of first line in and the last was at the end of the day..we very rarely went 15 minutes or so w/o action.

H e has the FINEST quality boats and gear...he should EVENTUALLY get into ACCURATE reels lol..but his gear, knowledge, friendly personable manners made it a wonderful experience and I highly recomend him..

I had several over 200 pounds and over 6 feet long....

Steven Rupp

Dirty
05-12-2008, 07:27 PM
I would second that Thomas is a first rate guide. Here is his website....
http://www.salmonguidebc.com/

Keep in mind that the freshet is occuring during this time and fishing can be spotty at times. In contrast some great days can still be had.

Jetboater
05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
I am no longer a fishing guide but you can easily contact my brother who is the active guide for salmonguidebc.com,
I do appreciate the praise but getting out once a week doesnt get you on top of the fish like a full time guide. so I would feel pretty guilty taking anyones money, when you cant garuntee a few fish.

pupper
05-12-2008, 09:14 PM
I didnt know thomas was a guide, good for him. I might have to book a trip!

Dirty
05-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Thomas's whole family are good fishermen. I have fished with him, his Dad, and 2 brothers on a number of occasions and can atest that they are first rate guides and fishermen.

FullDraw
05-12-2008, 09:21 PM
I would book with Tom at STS, guidebc.com he'll get you into some fish.

F/D

Rackmastr
05-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the tips guys......got a few PM's and they are appreciated as well!!

Leaseman
05-13-2008, 06:12 AM
You can't go wrong with Len Ames..... top river rod and a hoot to fish with...

As stated earlier, the freshet started going 10 days ago and with the hot weather expected this weekend, it will be in full swing for the next 3-4 weeks...fish can be found, but won't be the hot action of the fall fishery

greybark
05-14-2008, 09:22 PM
:wink: I agree with Leaseman and Len Ames as guide.....