PDA

View Full Version : Out in the open

Buckmeister
05-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Went whitetail shed hunting yesterday on a friends private 160 acre lot. We tromped through all kinds of bush and came up empty. I gave up shed hunting when I saw some morel mushrooms and decided to pick some. Just before leaving I figured I would check to see how the old cabin was doing after this winter. When we pulled up to the cabin, wouldn't you know it, there was a nice 4 point shed sitting in the middle of the parking spot. Go figure!
And 2 weeks ago I found a moose paddle right on a trail too.

Jelvis
05-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Buckmiester: Time to build a quality tree stand and have it ready for this coming fall dude. You seem to attract the sheds so go for a nice tree-stand with some comfy room in it, good luck. Jel-makeastand

Alpine85
05-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Next winter spend a day and walk around your buddys land, tie ribbon on all the well used deer trails. It will be a great starting place come spring to start looking for sheds. Also once theres only a couple inchs of snow left in the fields, try sitting and glassing the fields for tines sticking out.

Buckmeister
05-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Buckmiester: Time to build a quality tree stand and have it ready for this coming fall dude. You seem to attract the sheds so go for a nice tree-stand with some comfy room in it, good luck. Jel-makeastand

It happened again. Went out yesterday just to check out and become familiar with some hunting trails (no intention of shed hunting) and "happened" upon another moose paddle just sitting on the trail.:-D

Jelvis
05-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Buckmeister; it's time to consider a change of your handle to Shed Magnet because the drop-offs lay at thy feet oh lucky one. Lucky Shed Magnet or On the trails of Tine Magnet. I think they are hints of good hunting to come, get that ground blind ot tree stand built. Jel-tines

Shed Hunter
05-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Another shed hunter is born. Keep them eyes open.