PDA

View Full Version : First day of my seasson

springpin
05-11-2008, 07:51 AM
So, after finishing puttung the roof on my house, I decided to go out and look for a bear. I head out to a spot where I have seen bears before, I pull up to the small cut block, and what do I see? a nice blackie. So I get out of the truck, and grab my Binos, and range finder. I range the Bear in @ 150yrds, a little out of bow range..So I decided to sit and wait to see If it was a boar or a wet sow. After about 20 mins, I was just about to get the bow out of the truck, when a little black fur ball comes running towards mama. So I did what everybody else would do...sit and watch the show. Mama must have winded me, cause she stood up and was looking in my direction, then she took off with I thought was one cub, next thing I see was another cub flying towards mama. And they disappeared.

So I decide to go to other spots I hunt during the fall, saw about 30 grouse, 10-15 deer, a small heard of Elk. All in all,a good first day out this season.

Springpin

Leaseman
05-11-2008, 05:26 PM
sounds like a great day out.... we spent it out on the Fraser with great new friends...:smile:

Mike

Mr. Dean
05-12-2008, 04:39 AM
Gotta be patient when selecting a bear. Them little fur-balls can be hidden behind the smallest things.

Good call. Nice day.

hunter1947
05-12-2008, 04:47 AM
It's nice to be able to go out after a hard day of work and see wildlife like you saw ,makes for a relaxing second half of the day.