PDA

View Full Version : first velvet buck of the year

bckev
05-07-2008, 09:35 AM
I saw my first buck in velvet for this year, he was a small body but already had quite a tall set of spikes developing. Gets the blood going, I have only been out shed hunting once, and the deer are in growing next years set already, gotta love it.

Jelvis
05-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Good report bckev yes by the end of May the bigger bucks around Kamloops have reached the first hint of the first split in the four-point frame. It's like a leaf on a branch and antlers fall off like a leaf does. Cycles of nature. The new leaf coming in from behind pushes the old leaf off life-support. The antlers even branch. lol. Now when the light in the day hits around close to 15 hours the antlers start to appear my friend Jelgoodreporthunter

hunter1947
05-08-2008, 04:27 AM
I saw 4 bucks all together the other day when I was driving to Cortney ,they had about 4 inch growth on them.

Jelvis
05-08-2008, 08:13 AM
It's exciting this time of the year to see a deer and you can tell it's a buck by the new growth velvet antlers, you can feel the hunting season coming at you faster now. Bucks must feel better too! lol Jel-velveetoe.

Shed Hunter
05-08-2008, 04:58 PM
There was a moose in my Yard the other day with new growth on it. just a little two point I hope.

bckev
05-08-2008, 05:37 PM
put a radio collar on him for the fall

Jelvis
05-08-2008, 05:55 PM
The bucks and bulls are growing some knife handles, gun-racks, rocking chairs, hat-racks and grib boards they won't be able to hyde their jekel much longer you gotta love it! Jelfastestgrowingtissueintheworld