PDA

View Full Version : Gopher shoot in kelowna /westbank?

Junorr500
05-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Anyone willing to share their gopher shooting spots in the westbank or kelowna area?

Stone Sheep Steve
05-07-2008, 04:34 AM
Sorry, no gophers on the Westside....just marmots. There are some "golfers" (in your best Scottish accent) around the Kelowna G&C Club...but you've got City limit issues to deal with.

SSS

Fisher-Dude
05-07-2008, 05:50 AM
I really should have bought that 338 at the Kamloops gun show. :frown:

boxhitch
05-08-2008, 06:10 AM
Sure, I'll share. I shot one near the airport, and another at my Aunts house, and another closer to downtown, and two on Westside.......

Stone Sheep Steve
05-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Sure, I'll share. I shot one near the airport, and another at my Aunts house, and another closer to downtown, and two on Westside.......

Westside?? North end of the lake??
Never seen a gopher on the westside in my 35 years of livning here. Loads of marmots.

SSS

Junorr500
05-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Found Some!!

Got 13 of em this weekend. Up fish creek area out of summerland. Was trying out my brand new savage mark 2. Very happy with the acuracy.

rishu_pepper
05-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Found Some!!

Got 13 of em this weekend. Up fish creek area out of summerland. Was trying out my brand new savage mark 2. Very happy with the acuracy.

Wow really? Willing to share some details? I've been looking for a relatively close spot (from the LML) for "golfers" for so long! PM me if you like. Thanks lots.

Junorr500
05-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Well here is the thing. This particular feild is not so big and if everyone goes and cleans it out it would leave none for the rest. But i know there must be more spots around that have a abundance of gophers. We just need to share it.

Ok i guess ill have to bite the bullet and share my spot but i hope everyone else does to. The junction of glen lake rd and princeton.

Like i said though its not a big farmers field or anything.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Funny...I can't find a season for Columbian Ground Squirrell in Reg 8 in the regs. They've got one listed in Reg 4 for private land but nothing specific in Reg 8.
They are listed as Schedule "B" so you can only shoot them if they are damaging your property....so I would guess this is for private land only??

SSS

Fisher-Dude
05-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Funny...I can't find a season for Columbian Ground Squirrell in Reg 8 in the regs. They've got one listed in Reg 4 for private land but nothing specific in Reg 8.
They are listed as Schedule "B" so you can only shoot them if they are damaging your property....so I would guess this is for private land only??

SSS

That's right SSS. Also, on page 6 of the regulations: "There is no open season for any wildlife except as indicated in this synopsis".

Probably best to leave Columbian Ground Squirrels (aka gophers) alone. ;)

Stone Sheep Steve
05-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Since you can blast another schedule B critter(the bushy-tailed woodrat) if he's chewing on your vehicle wires....I guess you could claim the gophers were attacking your truck or quad and it was warrented:wink:.

SSS

Fisher-Dude
05-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Since you can blast another schedule B critter(the bushy-tailed woodrat) if he's chewing on your vehicle wires....I guess you could claim the gophers were attacking your truck or quad and it was warrented:wink:.

SSS

SSS, do you think that would apply if a bunny was attacking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwKdybPh8YY

Junorr500
05-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Was on farmers rangeland. Talked to him and he said i was doing him a favour.

boxhitch
05-11-2008, 09:36 PM
if he's chewing on your vehicle wires
That does fit a loose definition of 'property'. Better to whack em than transport him, which is illegal.