PDA

View Full Version : Lost Dog

Kechika
05-05-2008, 07:19 AM
I lost my Black Lab this weekend.Port Mellon area.Answers to the name "Bear".Very friendly,will let anyone come up and pet him.Also has digestive problems and eats a lot of grass.Thanks

BiG Boar
05-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Shoot man, I almost shot your dog this weekend. Does it have claws?

Barracuda
05-05-2008, 09:16 AM
sorry to say but i think i have your dog on my wall:tongue:

The 'Hummer'
05-05-2008, 09:47 AM
:confused:Is this the real thing, or am I missing something here? If it is the real deal, I'm a little confused by the other posts.:?:

Wolfman
05-05-2008, 09:56 AM
I lost my Black Lab this weekend.Port Mellon area.Answers to the name "Bear".Very friendly,will let anyone come up and pet him.Also has digestive problems and eats a lot of grass.Thanks

Holy cow, man.

I sure hope you find him. That's a loss of family member to be sure.

Good luck Kechika, in getting yer 'ol boy back!

Wolfman

Mr. Dean
05-05-2008, 10:20 AM
I heard he was found. Maybe PM Elkhound????

Iron-Head
05-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Im pretty sure I saw your dog. he was missing his front shoulder. Looked like he was still a puppy!..

hotload
05-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Losing a large part of your family can be devastating, I don't find much humor in it. I was looking for an inkling of compassion in some of these posts, looked and looked,hmmmmmm, couldn't find it. Hey Kechika,again I'm with the Wolfman on this one, hope your pooch shows up and soon.

gone hunting
05-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog. Where is port mellon? I know you were looking for a place to camp on the island. If it's on this side of the water, I'd be more than happy to keep an eye out. Plus I have family up island.

BigBanger
05-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Port mellon is on the sunshine coast . If you dont have any luck finding him i can take a drive up there friday and have a look.let me know where in the mellon you lost him.good luck

Iron-Head
05-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Before you start thinking we are a bunch of heartless SOB's.. I will bring it to your attention that this is in fact a joke, and those replying with humour in mind are well aware of what is going on.. I will let others reply before spillin the beans'

BigBanger
05-05-2008, 08:49 PM
I guess i fell for it then.Nice you just saved me some fuel.

Steeleco
05-05-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm still waiting for the real owner to pipe in!!!

bsa30-06
05-05-2008, 10:04 PM
there's a few clues in some recent posts, i could put enough together to figure out that this was humor.

Elkhound
05-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey Kechika...... I found him, Male, black all over, 200lbs. Sound right?

Stomach problems is right......I found over 200grains of lead inside him

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/dwelkhound/010.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/dwelkhound/012-1.jpg

BigBanger
05-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Port mellon? wow . Nice work

Iron-Head
05-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Hey Kechika...... I found him, Male, black all over, 200lbs. Sound right?

Stomach problems is right......I found over 200grains of lead inside him

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/dwelkhound/010.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/dwelkhound/012-1.jpg
All razzing aside Dave, that is a nice bear! Good work, im glad you where able to cut a tag.

Elkhound
05-05-2008, 11:19 PM
All razzing aside Dave, that is a nice bear! Good work, im glad you where able to cut a tag.

Thanks Symon......you and I have let dozens of these things go but I had to shoot the new rifle and bullets.......and he was the only bear cooperating:smile:

hunter1947
05-06-2008, 04:09 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog :(. If I were you I would post pic of him up were ever I could. I also would put an add in the paper ,Call all the dog kennels and SPCA ETC. Good luck on finding him ,you know what they say ,Black bears are mans best friend when hunting season comes around ,congrats on finding him ,It was all worth it at the end .

BiG Boar
05-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Hey I think I saw your dog, does it have small ears, big teeth and a fat belly? Does it sort of have a brown nose? It looks like you need to clip his nails. Ya unbelieveable, I saw all sorts of dog crap on a loggin road around port mellon. Then I took a peek at your dog through my scope. That thing needs to stop running away every time he hears my truck. I will try to catch your dog. Are there any treats I could leave out at my campsite for him? Does he like whole rotting salmon? Cuz I have one in my freezer I could get for him.

Marc
05-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Nice to see you finally got to break in the 444. It's about time you started to fill your own freezer. No more dog steaks for you. :mrgreen:

The 'Hummer'
05-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Before you start thinking we are a bunch of heartless SOB's.. I will bring it to your attention that this is in fact a joke, and those replying with humour in mind are well aware of what is going on.. I will let others reply before spillin the beans'
I guess I got 'sucked in' and so be it. I don't really have a problem with that but it's sort of like crying wolf so I'll probably end up showing a little less concern next time. When the real thing happens, sympathy ends up being located in the same spot in the dictionary, between shit & syphilis.:icon_frow

mcrae
05-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Nice bear and a cool caliber and gun to boot!

sawmill
05-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Sounds like you got some genuine caring members worked up about your 'dog',don`t ever bother to ask for help finding your kid,we will all think you shot a goat you could`nt recover.

rishu_pepper
05-06-2008, 07:27 PM
I guess I got 'sucked in' and so be it. I don't really have a problem with that but it's sort of like crying wolf so I'll probably end up showing a little less concern next time. When the real thing happens, sympathy ends up being located in the same spot in the dictionary, between shit & syphilis.:icon_frow

Interesting choices of vocab to be found ;)

Before this ran its course, I admit I wasn't sure if it was indeed a joke or the truth, so I held my tongue and let others "figure" it out for me :cool: The only clue I had was I know Kechika doesn't live in the Port Mellon area so I was confused to say the least

Kechika
05-06-2008, 08:18 PM
For all you guys that took the thread seriously...All aboard the short bus.Come on guys if you read the hunting regs like you read my posts we're in trouble.It was quite obvious.

mrdoog
05-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Well, I for one would be proud to ride the short bus!
My dog's name is the Bear, and I would be devastated if she was missing.
Glad to hear it was a joke, a lame joke, but a joke none the less.

newhunterette
05-06-2008, 09:30 PM
and y'all thought I was the warped one on here - good grief

The 'Hummer'
05-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Having helped two people try and find their lost dogs, one of which never did turn up. After one of mine spent the night in the bush until I was fortunate enough to locate him the next day, I took your initial post with sympathy and understanding, as the real thing. I'll try not to let it happen again and while I'm riding 'on the short bus', I'll use the time to study the regs.:neutral:

sawmill
05-07-2008, 05:27 AM
Well, I for one would be proud to ride the short bus!
My dog's name is the Bear, and I would be devastated if she was missing.
Glad to hear it was a joke, a lame joke, but a joke none the less.

Seems like a fair bunch of good folks on the "short bus". I`ll ride it anytime.

Elkhound
05-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Sorry people. It was a thread to make fun of me and my small bear. I guess it ran it's course.