PDA

View Full Version : Cariboo 5-4

spock
05-02-2008, 09:17 PM
A friend of mine hunted moose up there 6 or 7 years back, we were thinking of applying there the odds weren't too bad. Any current info on that area, moose populations was that one of the areas affected by the FN roadblocks a few years back.

silvicon
05-03-2008, 07:01 AM
no moose in region 5.
most of them where killed during the last general open season some years ago. not to forget the wanton slaughter by canada's finest!
better to go to QCI and take 15 blacktails.

rifleman
05-03-2008, 08:04 AM
I Had An Leh Late Season And When I Got There The Ratio Of Hunters To Moose Was 3/1. There Was One Group That Had A Friend Who Was A Pilot. They Limited Out. If You Go Early Rut You May Have A Chance. We Hunted, Driving The Roads & Hiking The Hills & Didn't Even See A Live Bull. Not Many Deer Unless You Go Closer To The River Breaks.

Everett
05-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Had the draw in 5-4b for two years in a row. Never saw a bull in 16 days of hunting. I hunt from dawn to dusk every day walking in the mornings and evening and driving in the middle of the day. Saw 11 cows though so there has to be bulls somewhere. Lots of other hunters and truck loads of natives cruising the roads. First time we had the september draw and there tons of deer around. Second time we had the November draw and we saw one deer. The only moose that I can confirm was shot in my time there was shot in the middle of the road about two hours after legal light.

wlbc
05-03-2008, 09:27 AM
If I didn't live here, or know the area very well, I do not think I would put in for a draw for moose around here.

Arsie
05-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Hunted 5-4 for many years. Always used to get our moose but the last few yrs has been tough ..possibly due to the natives and more roads and more pressure on the game..I wouldnt put in and try to learn the country at this point in time..waste of time

srupp
05-11-2008, 11:21 AM
truth is lots of moose are shot by the natives all year round...and its the first choice by lower mainland hunters due to the relativley short travel time..deer ande moose have been WHACKED in past few years...

Steven

islandboy
05-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Ouch! I put in for 5-2D and 5-13A (Oct 15 to 30th) as I have rellies in Quesnel. I hope it is not that dismal if I get drawn. Hunted there 11 years ago for deer and saw bull moose every trip out.:???:

srupp
05-11-2008, 12:36 PM
5-13a has some GREAT spots...with LOTS of lesser spots...hopefully ya put in for the rut ??

Steven

betteroffishing
05-11-2008, 06:40 PM
my father in law has a cow moose and calf visitting his back 9 on a routine basis, hes in 5-2a. i put in for a late season bull for the area, heres to hoping.