PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale Sports Coming to Prince George

moosinaround
05-01-2008, 07:15 PM
I was driving past Rafters pub/Canadian Tire On O'grady Rd tonight and seen a sign stating that a Wholesale Sports was coming To Prince George!
The sign said Coming Soon, there are no dates. Moosin

killman
05-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Well holy poo! It's May 1 Moosin not april. I know it doesn't feel like it out side

Bowzone_Mikey
05-01-2008, 07:19 PM
cool!!! is a UFA goin in with it ?

are you sure you didnt just see the Fatburger sign?

Sideofabarn
05-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Please tell me they're not using the old Rafters as their store?

Steeleco
05-01-2008, 08:09 PM
That good I suppose. I've noticed a few outdoor/hunting stores opening up of late in BC, I wonder if the market share is turning in our favor.

Now if only they could match scope prices from the US, I have a need!!!

BCrams
05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Must have been my one hell of a letter I wrote them when I learned they chose Kamloops :)

But then again, I'll beleive it when I see it.

338 winmag
05-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Great news , theres squat here for hunters right now.

Wolfman
05-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Great news , theres squat here for hunters right now.

That strikes me as kinda strange. I figured a town like PG would have hunting/fishing stores all over the place.

Wolfman

rishu_pepper
05-01-2008, 11:12 PM
That strikes me as kinda strange. I figured a town like PG would have hunting/fishing stores all over the place.

Wolfman

There is OSS in the 'Hoof. Apparently some guy works there :biggrin:

Wolfman
05-01-2008, 11:55 PM
There is OSS in the 'Hoof. Apparently some guy works there :biggrin:

Oh yeah....mighta heard of that fella.....;-)

Wolfman

Phoneguy
05-02-2008, 08:54 AM
That good I suppose. I've noticed a few outdoor/hunting stores opening up of late in BC, I wonder if the market share is turning in our favor.

Now if only they could match scope prices from the US, I have a need!!!

Dave, I recently bought a 3200 Elite at one of the big Vancouver shops. Last week we went down to Washington for a look and see. The same scope in Joes was ~$75.00 more than I paid locally! Suprised me. Not as low as the "EBAY" price, but close enough that I spent my money at home.

James

muleychaser
05-02-2008, 09:12 AM
The new store in question is supposed to be around the 38,000 sq. ft. mark. Just waiting for the drawings to come out. The old Rafters pub is now going to be a Dentist office but the one I really like is the Fatburger restaurant sharing a wall with Rocky Mountain Fitness.

Sideofabarn
05-02-2008, 09:20 AM
The new store in question is supposed to be around the 38,000 sq. ft. mark. Just waiting for the drawings to come out. The old Rafters pub is now going to be a Dentist office but the one I really like is the Fatburger restaurant sharing a wall with Rocky Mountain Fitness.

LOL yeah I like that one too. So do I go to the fitness store after I've eaten to dilute the guilt factor, or before I eat so I can justify putting that crap in my body? I went to Fatburger in Calgary over christmas, and I have to say, it ain't worth the price for a generic greaseball burger.
Are they putting the Wholesale sports behind wallyworld in that vacant lot?

muleychaser
05-02-2008, 09:32 AM
It is supposed to be going somewhere between Wal-Mart and O-Grady road.

BCPilotguy
05-02-2008, 10:47 AM
This makes me very, very happy!

kgs
05-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Its about time YEA

Bowzone_Mikey
05-02-2008, 04:27 PM
the one I really like is the Fatburger restaurant sharing a wall with Rocky Mountain Fitness.

That aint any differant than KFC sharing the wall with Hart fitness studio ... or Curves in Tabor plaza right to a pizza joint and ice cream store ...(not sure if the icecreame store is still there )

it seems to be a trend ...
38000 feet ... I'll beleive that when i see it ....

They said Cdn tire is the biggest in canada when it opened ... its not even close ... they said Micheals was gonna huge ... in fact its the smallest store by over 3000 feet.

If and when it opens I'll giver a shot but I aint holding my breath ... like I said before i dont know about kamloops store but 3 others That I have been too were absolutly terrible when it comes to knowledge and service

Sideofabarn
05-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Yes, you're right Mikey, Wholesale is not the best place to go if you're looking for clued in staff. Personally, I'm just there to wave money at them. I am not naive enough to think that their archery selection will be any better than it is in Calgary, which was lousy when I was there at Christmas. Can't beat their prices on flies though, and it will save me trips to Alberta to buy my fishing stuff, which is what normally happens.

muleychaser
05-02-2008, 05:54 PM
They said Cdn tire is the biggest in canada when it opened ... its not even close ... they said Micheals was gonna huge ... in fact its the smallest store by over 3000 feet.............

How big was Micheals supposed to be? When we bid the job back in 2006 it is the same size now as then. As far as 38000 sq ft goes that was the number I heard from the survey crew doing the plotting work on the site.

The staff will no doubt be underknowledged but as far as guys looking to buy certain stuff nowadays most seem to do alot of research on the ol net and know what they want before they even go there.[/quote]

Bowzone_Mikey
05-02-2008, 06:40 PM
the average Micheals store is 18000 sq ft ... this one is just shy of 15 according to citizen article last week ... and its quite a bit more cramped than other Micheals store i have been in .... My wife and i cannot walk side by side up and down the aisles (granted I aint that small and if you ask my wife she is 12 months pregnant... But just before Easter we were in the store in Med Hat and it felt alot more room)

Side and Chaser ... People like us Know what we want and we go and get it .... the biggest problem I have with Wholesale and alike stores when a newbie comes in looking for equipment ... (I am gonna use archery cause its what i know) the sales person will sell a 70 pound bow with a 30" draw to a guy thats 5'8" with some 500 series arrows and 125 series BH cause they are the biggest numbers so they are the best.... I dont know of anyone under 6' that shoots a 30" draw (I am 6" even and pending on the brand of bow I shoot a 28-29" draw) and one would be hard pressed to make 500 spine arrows work on a 70 pound bow with 125 gr BH.
That is an example of service I witnessed one day in the archery section of Calgarys store before I stepped in and introduced myself to the customer .... and offerd some advice ...

Small stores I like because the staff seem to know their stuff .... for example I am starting to shoot my rifle again after a few years off ... and want to reload because at the end of the day it will be cheaper ... a good bud of mine offered to load my shells provided i get the materials ... I know nothing of this reload VooDoo so i seeked out stuff on the web and Kinda had an idea ... But went to a guy that seems to know what hes talking about ;) and also works for a site sponsor ... I am fairly convinced I will pay more that if I just ordered the stuff online ...But I know I will get service and questions ansered accurately when I ask them ie: better brass (to me brass was brass but evidently leapu(sp) is way better and will last longer than factory winchester) ... This is stuff I will gladly go to the smaller guy for

killman
05-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Sounds like you should apply for the archery salesman job!:biggrin::biggrin:

Bowzone_Mikey
05-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Sounds like you should apply for the archery salesman job!:biggrin::biggrin:

actually my wife and i were joking about that yesterday in my off time from the real job go work for them and get staff discount on stuff

muleychaser
05-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Staff discount....Now your talking.

The Dawg
05-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Staff discount....Now your talking.

My thoughts exactly :)

ThinAir
05-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Sorry moosinaround, I had to drive by and see the sign with my own eyes-and your right!:shock: We've all heard the rumors before, but it looks like it's actually coming! This has been long overdue.. it's nearly time to start "operation spend all my money"

ianwuzhere
05-02-2008, 09:00 PM
i just went down to the one in kamloops last weekend- spent lotsa $$ and got sum good stuff. great store. about time PG gets a good outdoor store. I was happy with the fishing selection in the kamloops one. way better than Bon Voyage or Trout fitters and the guys were knowledgable as well. almost have to make a career change ;)
hopefully theyll start building asap..

Sideofabarn
05-02-2008, 09:09 PM
It has always blown my mind that PG doesn't have a better hunting and fishing store. No disrespect to the local guys but choice would be a wonderful thing. Only got a limited labour pool to draw from though, maybe I should work there at weekends. Dare we try to woo the legend of Vanderhoof (Rishu Pepper knows who I mean) to relocate?

Sunny
05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
I just wonder how come they don't open in Vancouver!!

BCrams
05-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Saw the sign myself tonight! Sweet.

Jagermeister
05-03-2008, 12:04 AM
I just wonder how come they don't open in Vancouver!!Too many greenlings and too much of a chance that Cabelas or Bass Pro might open there.
The problem with Wholesale is that they are retail and the lady that cuts my hair told me, they don't pay enough. She should know, her husband works there. They can't keep people on $9.50/hr unless you have another income source and money is not a matter. Staff discounts are good, but if you're not making the coin to be able to take advantage of the perk, what good is the perk?

killman
05-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Wonder if a couple hours a week would get ya a discount?:-P:-P

338 winmag
05-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Well on friday i tried the 2 gun stores here and could not find any see through Butler Creek scope caps for my leupold , then tried to get some barnes factory 308 ammo , nada and one on them didnt even have LEHS , ordered my stuff online at Wholesale , they cant get here soon enough.I was able to get a hunting license and a bear tag so will give them credit for that.

Hoytster
05-10-2008, 08:10 PM
If you dont mind the drive.....you can stock up on all your goodies at Omineca Source for Sports in Vanderhoof....those guys have the best service around.....which really makes the drive worth it. Guns to Archery and sporting goods are all there!....They even keep Bartell behind the counter (I thinks he's the mascot...kinda like the Chicken)...I have picked up rifles for friends as well....Ohhh...theres even the Omenica Source for Sports girls there too but you have to really watch cause sometimes Bartell shows up in a dress...lol

Moosetang
08-29-2008, 07:47 PM
I heard from a freind of mine that Wholesale Sports is going in the mall where Sport Chek used to be downstairs. He said a friend of his has been in there doing construction work renovating the store. He figures that they will be open in February sometime.

killman
08-29-2008, 08:00 PM
At least I would have something to do at the mall.

ianwuzhere
08-29-2008, 09:38 PM
i couldnt see it in the mall- nowhere ive seen is at the mall. i hope too it comes soon but i just couldnt see people walkin up the escalator with guns walkin thru the mall...

ThinAir
01-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Anyone hear any news lately?

The sign is still up. Is this just a "never never" plan?

Krico
01-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Last I heard was sometime late last year. Apparently they hadn't come back to city council with some kind of traffic report/study or something like that in time, and thus needed to go before council for initial approval a second time...Not sure if they have done so yet or not. Maybe the tough economy is giving them second thoughts???

BCrams
01-16-2009, 02:23 PM
I would think, given PG's geographic location and hub for travellers north, south, east and west for camping, fishing and hunting etc will benefit Wholesale even if the economy is so so.

ThinAir
01-16-2009, 03:32 PM
You would think this would be a good time to build....

With the economy the way it is, you might actually get the trades to show up!:smile:

The Hermit
01-16-2009, 03:49 PM
I too like the smaller, locally owned stores as the service is usually pretty good BUT... they simply can't afford to stock all the stuff we might want at any given time. My local store has some great people, the owners are decent guys but man o man they have a hell of a time trying to get stuff in the store! On more than one occasion I've waited MONTHS for things... now if they don't have what I want I will just buy it elsewhere and have it shipped... price is usually about the same.

So having whined like that... I would love to have a Wholesale or Cabellas on the Island!!

Krico
01-16-2009, 04:43 PM
You would think this would be a good time to build....

With the economy the way it is, you might actually get the trades to show up!:smile:

True enough, but...

Any idea of their own financial situation? Maybe they are doing great, maybe not. I really have no clue. It's obviously a very competitive market.

Perhaps they are watching the expected costs of building a new store drop every month, and are waiting for prices to bottom out-thereby saving money faster than a new store could make it. A penny saved is a penny earned.

Anyone have anything other than pure speculation to humor us PG folk with???

ThinAir
01-16-2009, 04:51 PM
True enough, but...

Any idea of their own financial situation? Maybe they are doing great, maybe not. I really have no clue. It's obviously a very competitive market.

Perhaps they are watching the expected costs of building a new store drop every month, and are waiting for prices to bottom out-thereby saving money faster than a new store could make it. A penny saved is a penny earned.

Anyone have anything other than pure speculation to humor us PG folk with???

Ya Krico, I wouldn't doubt that's whats happening.

I wonder if there's any other town like PG for "guess whats coming to town".....ie Old Navy, Olive Garden, Wholesale Sports... and then nothing.:razz:

BCBRAD
01-16-2009, 06:20 PM
If you dont mind the drive.....you can stock up on all your goodies at Omineca Source for Sports in Vanderhoof....those guys have the best service around.....which really makes the drive worth it. Guns to Archery and sporting goods are all there!....They even keep Bartell behind the counter (I thinks he's the mascot...kinda like the Chicken)...I have picked up rifles for friends as well....Ohhh...theres even the Omenica Source for Sports girls there too but you have to really watch cause sometimes Bartell shows up in a dress...lol

+1 on the above. i used to deal with Ziggy for years, I could trade, consign, horse trade etc. there. was his prices the lowest, NO, but good trading negated that and the service was good as well. The boys in Vanderhoof have have filled this for me. Knowledgeable to no end, friendly and will listen to what you have to say and a good inventory of reload supplies. I was in wholesale sports in Calgary in December looked at all the stuff, bought nothing, and I don't like taking a number to check out a rifle that I may never buy because they won't take my used stuff in trade. I like the smaller stores and will support them within reason. E&I is not reasonable, well irene wasn't to bad on new sales, but they sat on a gold mine with no shovel.

blindguy
01-16-2009, 06:31 PM
i heard there coming to the island,Naniamo is there first choice.We will see.

PGK
01-16-2009, 07:45 PM
i heard there coming to the island,Naniamo is there first choice.We will see.

What
A
Joke

As if NANAIMO needs a hunting and fishing store. Besides OSFS, we are DYING up here!!!!!

Gateholio
01-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Having looked in PG a few times for decent hunitng stuff, I dont' bother anymore, and if I need something, grab it in Williams Lake or FSJ.

PG coudl probably support a WSS, but the costs of set up must be huge. A better option would probably be a smaller, well stocked store like OSFS, located somewhere near the highway north...

Johnnybear
01-16-2009, 11:44 PM
What
A
Joke

As if NANAIMO needs a hunting and fishing store. Besides OSFS, we are DYING up here!!!!!

I heard rumours about one of the big stores coming to Nanaimo as well. Just rumours. The empty Canadian Wholesale Building across from Long Lake is where I heard that someone was looking. Just rumours...............but interesting rumours:razz:.

moosinaround
01-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Having looked in PG a few times for decent hunitng stuff, I dont' bother anymore, and if I need something, grab it in Williams Lake or FSJ.

PG coudl probably support a WSS, but the costs of set up must be huge. A better option would probably be a smaller, well stocked store like OSFS, located somewhere near the highway north...
I was in Italian sporting goods this week down in Van. They pack a lot of stuff in a compact store. Essential stuff too, not some of the crap found in a couple of PG stores I have recently visited. The gimmicky crap a guy can get at Crappy tire or Wally world. Serious outfitters carry serious gear! WSS would do well wherever they built it in PG, guys make special trips out west to wally world and crappy tire to buy them out of cammo jackets and pants!!

Hoytster
01-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Never had any issues with takin a drive out to Vanderhoof and filling my vehicle with gear from Omenica Source for Sports....these guys carry the essential gear and then some....a great selection of bows and firearms, ammo and fishing. Bikes and seasonal sports equipment too....the great thing about these guys (...and it is not just Bartell)...is their customer service....something that is also lacking in PG...have brought back a few rifles for my mill buddies and they have been more than satisfied....I agree with an earlier statement about E&I sitting on a gold mine and not doing much about it comment....Any store that makes customer service a PRIORITY will do well in PG....

Hoytster
01-17-2009, 08:53 AM

.....WOW Gates...NOw you are REALLY DREAMIN....

Bowzone_Mikey
01-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Gates ...you mean say where Ziggys was ... yup that would be Ideal

For all my Rifle stuff i make the trip out to V-hoof ... I got all my re-loading stuff there at the advice of a friend .... I am glad i took it

they have an ok selection(better than most I seen around here) of Archery stuff ...But bear in Mind I am a hard person to please on that aspect of the industry.

open-sights
01-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Nanaimo is getting a Wholesale as well, will be the second biggest in Canada. 3 new stores in Western Canada within the year.

reddog888
01-21-2009, 11:04 AM
now all we need is a proper Canadian Cabelas....

PGK
01-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Nanaimo is getting a Wholesale as well, will be the second biggest in Canada. 3 new stores in Western Canada within the year.

That is frickin weetarded. What does Nanaimo need a WSS for???

Browningmirage
01-21-2009, 12:24 PM

Because all of us redneck loggers would like somewhere to buy our munitions thats why...our deer may be small, but we sure do like em

jml11
01-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Because all of us redneck loggers would like somewhere to buy our munitions thats why...our deer may be small, but we sure do like em

Plus WSS sports sells a ton of Fishing Gear and I think every islander fishes at least a little bit ;-)!

Johnnybear
01-21-2009, 05:24 PM

Besides the worldclass camping and fishing as mentioned by some others. Major cottage and recreation property industry, some of the largest populations of Black Bear,Cougar, Columbia Blacktail deer in B.C., and the somewhere around 700,000 population (for the Island)maybe:biggrin:.

PGK
01-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Haha. Comparing van island to the entire collective regions of 7a, 6 and 7b

We need a friggin store.

ROEBUCK
01-21-2009, 07:56 PM
this shouldnt be a pissing contest on which region deserves a decent hunting store,there is a distinct lack of good hunting stores across the province, as british columbia offers some of the best hunting and fishing on the planet

BlacktailStalker
01-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Fortunately its only direct competition is the Gone Fishin in nanaimo.
What this means is that the other 2 (gone fishin) outlets as well as Tyee Marine and River Sportsman will keep the majority of their business, which is a good thing.
Gotta support the small guys, this Island is good for stuff like that (helps when you're buddies with them too ;))

This chain store might be good for bigger items (if they order in wholesale amounts and offer wholesale prices on those items) and maybe reloading (most stores around here drop the ball on that) other than that, all it will be is a passing sign to me :)

Johnnybear
01-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Fortunately its only direct competition is the Gone Fishin in nanaimo.
What this means is that the other 2 (gone fishin) outlets as well as Tyee Marine and River Sportsman will keep the majority of their business, which is a good thing.
Gotta support the small guys, this Island is good for stuff like that (helps when you're buddies with them too ;))

This chain store might be good for bigger items (if they order in wholesale amounts and offer wholesale prices on those items) and maybe reloading (most stores around here drop the ball on that) other than that, all it will be is a passing sign to me :)

I agree to some extend with you on this Andy and I frequented and have bought stuff from all the stores you mentioned. The selection (hands on seeing lots of stuff and trying it) and the diverse products is what gets me interested in a big store coming to the island. I had lunch with my old man today and he said he heard it on the local news (radio) that they were coming to Nanaimo.

Johnnybear
01-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Haha. Comparing van island to the entire collective regions of 7a, 6 and 7b

We need a friggin store.

I agree. We all have great hunting, fishing, and camping in our given areas. 3 new stores in the next year sounds great:mrgreen:.

Especially if one shows up on our weeeee little insignificant island:lol:.

bridger
01-21-2009, 10:33 PM
wholesale sports bought land in pg two years ago very quietly and this has been in the works since be nice when they open

moosinaround
01-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Before it snowed there was an excavator poking holes around the site! It was layed out with surveyour ribbon too! Maybe in the spring?

bridger
01-21-2009, 10:44 PM
has anyone been in backcountry in fort st john? great store 19,000 sq ft $3,000,000 in inventory. match wss on gun prices.

Johnnybear
01-21-2009, 10:47 PM
has anyone been in backcountry in fort st john? great store 19,000 sq ft $3,000,000 in inventory. match wss on gun prices.

That's the store I was thinking about for the WWG parts? Thanks Bridger!!!

todbartell
01-21-2009, 11:38 PM
I heard BackCountry was pretty big into granola muncher stuff? I've never been in there myself, just going by what a local said

The Hermit
01-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Hummmm... Maybe I should start looking for a partner and open up a Sporting Good Store in Nanimo.

NOT - Retail SUCKS Donkey Balls - I hate the public, even you guys... I shudder to think how Bartell puts up with the likes of me grinding on him for price breaks, extras, and bitchin about price deltas with big box stores and our American Cousins! LOL

todbartell
01-22-2009, 12:25 AM
it's all worth it when you get to hear stories from the customers, like the one last week where a guy was shooting half inch groups at 800 meters with his open sight 303!

Krico
01-22-2009, 12:29 AM
it's all worth it when you get to hear stories from the customers, like the one last week where a guy was shooting half inch groups at 800 meters with his open sight 303!

Let me guess-this master marksman shoots cheap factory loads perhaps?

GoatGuy
01-22-2009, 12:59 AM

from the hip

bridger
01-22-2009, 02:37 AM
I heard BackCountry was pretty big into granola muncher stuff? I've never been in there myself, just going by what a local said

not true they have lots of camo clothing, footwear, huge gun counter, lots of fishing stuff, good archery section, lots of handguns , three flat screen tv around a gas fireplace that runs hunting videos continuosly. last spring some low life backed a pick up at high speed through the front doors and drove through the tv's and fireplace and stole about 40 handguns. rcmp caught him going through williams lake and got the guns back but the fireplace and tvs still have to be replaced but are in the process. probably the nicest privately owned hunting store in western canada. at least in my experience. another good store is corlane's in dawson creek. not as big but a great store

Mik
01-22-2009, 02:53 AM
I heard, that U.F.A.-( they own Wholesalesports), bought out "Sportsmans Warehouse" from the states and are now looking to open atleast 3 stores in the Beautiful Province of British Columbia......I'm hoping one will be in Vernon:smile:

bighornbob
01-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Not to hijack the thread but I heard from a good source that BASS Pro is looking at opening a store in Chilliwack. Not for a few years though.

BHB

Viking
01-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Looks like they are getting ready to start on the WSS store in PG, as they have cleared some snow on the property.

Gateholio
01-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Backcountry is great- Geared toward the hunter and angler.

Salty
01-22-2009, 01:14 PM

Lots of us hunters on the island and WSS knows that by sales records or they wouldn't be making the investment.

Its gonna be awsome, now instead of mail order we can go in the store in Nanaimo and gear up big time so that we can all head up to Prince George and slay moose. :biggrin:

ROEBUCK
07-22-2009, 05:48 PM
they have finally started work on the site!all the trees have been cleared!so i am assuming that it must be going ahead,about time pg had a large hunting store!might create some healthy competition in town!

The Hermit
07-22-2009, 06:00 PM
The Island store is set to have a "soft" opening July 28th... they have hired 50 folks and looking for another 20 or so...

Barracuda
07-22-2009, 06:02 PM
why cant they have something in the lower mainland:roll:

ROEBUCK
07-22-2009, 06:07 PM
why cant they have something in the lower mainland:roll:
yeah that allways surprised me!
bellingham has some decent stores!
cabelas lacy is worth the drive

Barracuda
07-22-2009, 06:12 PM
i figure soon as we move the lower mainland will have tons of hunting stores and the tree huggers will see the error of thier ways and take up hunting and start viewing wildlife and hunting as a means to be truly at one with nature.:cool:

Chilliwack would be a great place as it is the main corridor and straight forward to get to.

moosinaround
07-22-2009, 06:14 PM
they have finally started work on the site!all the trees have been cleared!so i am assuming that it must be going ahead,about time pg had a large hunting store!might create some healthy competition in town!
Lets hope they carry some inventory!! I hate back ordered shit!! If you don't or can't get it, don't advertise it!!

Don in BC
07-23-2009, 10:49 PM
The phone number for Wholesale Sports in nanaimo is 250-729-2668
soft opening scheduled for July 28, give or take a day. Yahoo !

Bowzone_Mikey
07-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Lets hope they carry some inventory!! I hate back ordered shit!! If you don't or can't get it, don't advertise it!!

Indeed ...

Well when PG opens I might hafta get a part time Gig there ... Since Bartell Doesnt have an Indoor Archery range at Troutfitters (Shush... I just bought a bunch of stuff there .... He stocks Spectra D-loop material;):lol::lol::lol: )

ianwuzhere
07-25-2009, 03:51 PM
ya thad be a retirement job for sure!

Viking
07-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Went by today and noticed equipment parked there and some of the land have been cleared.

todbartell
07-25-2009, 10:27 PM
... Since Bartell Doesnt have an Indoor Archery range at Troutfitters (Shush... I just bought a bunch of stuff there ....

actually there was a Block set up at about 5 paces so a guy could try out a crossbow, he held it funny and had his fingers above the deck! :o :grin: only once did he do that

Bow Walker
07-26-2009, 07:42 AM
TB - does Troutfitters have a website?

Thx.

todbartell
07-26-2009, 10:38 AM
they did have, but I think its gone now since Omineca bought them out. Both stores will have new websites sometime soon. Omineca's site sucks, too much work for me to do in my spare time to make it half decent. The way it was made by the tech guy wasn't anything like what we had originally had in mind. It's too much online store, not enough info & photo gallery like we wanted. Stay tuned