View Full Version : It's that time of year again - I am becoming a fishing widow

newhunterette
04-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Peter and his 2 brothers as well as 3 of his friends have all been doing a special guys retreat to Roche Lake and this will be the second year his cousin has flown in from Denmark to join the festivities for the weekend of fly fishing, drinking and good ole what ever it is that men do when away on a fishing trip. We have heard conflicting reports that the Lake is in turnover from ice and heard that is still iced over so when they get there I guess we will find out what state the lake is really in. They are heading out their little convoy tomorrow (Thursday morning) and home sometime (meaning mantime) on Sunday.

Y'all know me - I will keep ya posted on the progress as I get it - if they are coherant enough to remember to check in once in a while.

and I do know I will have pics to post when they get home - sometimes some really good bribery pics hehehehehehe

Alison :)

Wolfman
04-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Ali;

Now is your chance to enjoy some 'girl' time with your friends ;-)

If I was off on a fishing trip I know that's probably what Debby would do ;-)

Wolfman

newhunterette
05-01-2008, 05:48 AM
Ali;

Now is your chance to enjoy some 'girl' time with your friends ;-)

If I was off on a fishing trip I know that's probably what Debby would do ;-)

Wolfman

I usually have way too many things going on to have "girl" time - I am playing hostess to Peter's cousin's fiance - while they go fishing - she likes to hit all the malls (yuck) as things are way cheaper here than in Denmark - I am the chaufeur - yesterday was Willowbrook, today Costco, tomorrow Metrotown - Lord help me I hate the malls

as long as the guys get to enjoy their trip - I can do it

hehehhe besides Peter has what he calls the killer fly for catching the "big one" we will see heheheheh

Mik
05-01-2008, 06:00 AM
and I thought you were talkin' 'bout LEH......ps; they are out.

Leaseman
05-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Well I sure hope the ice is off or I will lose the bet.... can't afford to buy Pete a beer right now...:roll:

swampdonkey
05-01-2008, 06:52 AM
still iced over hope they have plan b

newhunterette
05-01-2008, 07:54 AM
still iced over hope they have plan b

always a plan B and a plan C

swampdonkey
05-01-2008, 06:07 PM
have u heard from peter tunkwa lake is fishable and almost ice free :D

newhunterette
05-01-2008, 08:38 PM
just heard from the guys - Roche Lake as reported is frozen so plan B is in effect

they are at Douglas Lake Ranch - 14 degrees - t-shirt weather

was snow report on the Coquihalla but only 3 feet on the road side and flurries on the road

tomorrow they will fish - tonight they eat, drink and be "MEN" hehehehehehe

swampdonkey
05-01-2008, 08:43 PM
r they at salmon lake or one of the others

newhunterette
05-01-2008, 08:47 PM
I ummmmm well ummmmmm I don't know - he said they will be trying one of the pay lakes tomorrow but didn't specify - look for a black dodge mega cab with a red utility trailer and 2 boats - that will be them - if they are being bad - I don't know them and have never seen them in my life :)

he will call me again tomorrow as we just found out his sister is in the hospital and the 3 brothers will want to know how she is doing.

Leaseman
05-02-2008, 06:43 AM
Guess my great info that I got wasn't so great....:frown:

Tell Pete his cold beer(s) will be ready when he is...;-)

It is now time to go deal with my informant......:x

newhunterette
05-02-2008, 08:13 PM
update: no update - my brother in law called his wife and well she doesnt think to ask about how the fishing was, what lake, the weather etc. so I am hoping Peter will make a call tonight at sometime before he gets too far into his cups for the evening hehehehehe

newhunterette
05-03-2008, 06:17 AM
I believe all I got was carsten (peter's cousin from Denmark) caught only fish of the day but a good time was had anyways - nice weather

sheesh - don't these turdnuggets know we need more information that that:wink:

newhunterette
05-05-2008, 12:29 PM
The boys had a fantastic 4 days fishing and lounging. They caught their rainbows and drank a few too many wobbly pops but at least they came home safe and sound. The story I got was the cabin they ended up in had floors rougher than untreated cedar and the fireplace had a huge crack in the rock face causing smoke to fill the room and the washroom had no running water therefore they had to run buckets of water to the toilet to flush. I asked Peter if he ended up at our cabin lol. Then as I was downloading pictures I saw the real story unfold. The turdnuggets were in the lap of luxury in the down home country style cabin with big screen TV set and beautiful decor. Now I am truly glad I didn't pack the food for them as this was the first time I was told "don't worry Alison, we will eat at the lodge at Roche Lake." Hahahahahaha joke was on them when they found Roche still closed because of ice on and the lodge at Douglas had no restaurant facilities so the boys had to run in an do some grocery shopping - apparently they wished they had listened to me about me sending the food packs as usual but by the looks of their bellies they either consumed too much beer or ate quite well.

I will post pics as soonn as they are all together - with 7 guys I have to wait for them to co-ordinate the downloads and email each other.

newhunterette
05-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Okay here are a few pictures from the trip - I hope they worked out okay as I tried to make it a slide show
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Douglas%20Lake/th_DouglasLkRanch2008003.jpg (http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Douglas%20Lake/?action=view&current=fc09cce6.pbw)

Ali

newhunterette
05-06-2008, 01:16 PM
more pictures still filter in from the guys - so will add them as soon as I can

newhunterette
05-06-2008, 03:31 PM
can someone tell me if the slideshow worked please.

MDG3
05-06-2008, 07:15 PM
can someone tell me if the slideshow worked please.

Works fine for me.

swampdonkey
05-06-2008, 07:23 PM
ali awsome slide show that place they stayed is that salmon lake looks like they had good fishing i know it has been good there

Leaseman
05-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Great show Alison... ask Pete if he got any pics of the far end of the lake... the private property... I use to spend lots of time there... Woodwards gave his sister a chunk there for her wedding present (I think?).... fond memories...

Mike

newhunterette
05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
ali awsome slide show that place they stayed is that salmon lake looks like they had good fishing i know it has been good there

yes they fished salmon lake, harry's something?? and another of the pay lakes.

newhunterette
05-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Works fine for me.

thank you :) - now I know how to do the slideshow so more pics can be viewed :)

newhunterette
05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
slide show #2
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Douglas%20Lake/th_DouglasLake2008002.jpg (http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Douglas%20Lake/?action=view&current=064ed6b5.pbw)

oddsix
05-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Great pictures. thanks for sharing

newhunterette
05-07-2008, 12:08 PM
thanks bunches - I think I have one more person to still receive pics from to add - but I know he is a slow poke in getting things done