PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly

358mag
04-28-2008, 08:37 PM
anyone tag out yet ??? pictures ??Was out last 3 days and tons + tons of snow few very small slides nothing green+ not a bear track seen looks like going to a late spring this year in the high country

srupp
04-28-2008, 08:43 PM
I was out glasing the high country..Cariboo mts..completely agree..those mountains wont be huntable till last 2 weeks of season..

Steven

ElectricDyck
04-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Didn't get a tag, good luck to those who are going and take lots of pics.

GoatGuy
04-29-2008, 09:24 AM
anyone tag out yet ??? pictures ??Was out last 3 days and tons + tons of snow few very small slides nothing green+ not a bear track seen looks like going to a late spring this year in the high country

I was told no slides???

So we didn't head up yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!

Beardy
04-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Williston Lake area (7-38 ) is still too snowy for anything, in fact, they got fresh snow this morning. No green slopes yet... Can't wait for this winter to be done with!

Stone Sheep Steve
04-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I was told no slides???

I imagine it's getting pretty expensive to fire up the gas powered spotter and have a looksee for yourself.
Maybe sell the plane and look at getting some snowshoes for the horses:D.

SSS

Elk-Aholic
04-29-2008, 04:43 PM
I imagine it's getting pretty expensive to fire up the gas powered spotter and have a looksee for yourself.
Maybe sell the plane and look at getting some snowshoes for the horses:D.

SSS

I thought those 737's had the fuel pre-paid????

KodiakHntr
04-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Williston Lake area (7-38 ) is still too snowy for anything, in fact, they got fresh snow this morning. No green slopes yet... Can't wait for this winter to be done with!

I'd beg to differ.....

Have seen one GOOD grizz track last week, from the week before, and a cranker of a black on the weekend.

358mag
05-01-2008, 08:21 PM
I was told no slides???

So do you always belive what other people tell you ?????

Beardy
05-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I'd beg to differ.....

Have seen one GOOD grizz track last week, from the week before, and a cranker of a black on the weekend.

What part of 7-38 did you see the tracks in? I got my info from the Manson Creek general store so it could be not the most reliable for the entire area... it is a big place after all... Might be worth a trip this week-end then!

GoatGuy
05-02-2008, 07:24 AM
So do you always belive what other people tell you ?????

I had a pretty trustworthy source :-D - never know about his old man.

pitbell
05-02-2008, 09:52 AM
There was a nice boar taken in 7-29 last Sunday.

Green Shot
05-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Any pics of the grizz yet? I know that they're out up here in Prince Rupert and Terrace. Black bears are anyways my buddy just got one last week. 6 footer, nice coat.

358mag
05-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I had a pretty trustworthy source :-D - never know about his old man.
Who the kid :?: dont think he remebers to much after all them concussions from hockey.

BOOMSTICK
05-07-2008, 10:22 AM
What part of 7-38 did you see the tracks in? I got my info from the Manson Creek general store so it could be not the most reliable for the entire area... it is a big place after all... Might be worth a trip this week-end then!

Yeah, it would be worth a trip. My nephew Dave (youngfellla) just came back from there last night with a big grizzly and a pretty good black. Grizz came off the Mesilinka after a long trek on snowshoes, so he said. He dumped both hides in the freezer and headed out west this morning to guide for more claws.:lol:

Don't go by what they tell you at Manson. It is down in a craphole, gets no sun and there is always more snow there. Once you get out across the Omineca & north you'll find the conditions are much improved. Have a look up above Lay Creek, Aiken Lake, etc. as there is some good open country up there.

todbartell
05-09-2008, 11:42 PM
on Tuesday I did a bit of scouting, this is as far as we got, 50km from my LEH zone (north of PG)

http://usera.imagecave.com/ws6/May08004-copy.jpg

it's gonna be a few weeks yet before we can get in

358mag
05-10-2008, 09:48 PM
good luck save your $$ and buy a set of tracks the only way to hunt spring grizz right GG