PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon fishing in the morning :)

newhunterette
04-25-2008, 03:25 PM
I am going sturgeon fishing in the morning - Leaseman you have no clue what you're in for with me on your boat hehehehehehe:twisted:

oh and I sure hope that service work Thomas was doing means you finally have a heater and a port-a-potty:lol:

are you sure we have be gone by 7 am - I need my beauty sleep

hehehehhee
Alison

rocksteady
04-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Good luck to you Ali......Catch a big one......Actually from what I have seen,all sturgeon are big ones compared to the fish I have caught...

Wear your flotation device too....

newhunterette
04-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Good luck to you Ali......Catch a big one......Actually from what I have seen,all sturgeon are big ones compared to the fish I have caught...

Wear your flotation device too....

thank you - hehehehe and I never leave home without my personal floatation devices :)

srupp
04-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Good luck Ali...straight lines and LOTS OF PHOTOS...

jEALOUS in Da pOnd

Ramshot
04-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Newhunterette,

You guys running yer new jet-boat? How's it been running for you? Would like to see some pics of the jet-boat in the water(with a sturgeon):smile:. Good luck and be safe. RAMSHOT.

browningboy
04-25-2008, 10:50 PM
thank you - hehehehe and I never leave home without my personal floatation devices :)

Yes Ali, the "floatation" device(s) are a givin! HEHEHE!:redface:
I get a kick out of the plural version!LOL

srupp
04-26-2008, 04:17 AM
Ali wears TWO lifejackets.?????Talk about your being prepared...

Steven

newhunterette
04-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Newhunterette,

You guys running yer new jet-boat? How's it been running for you? Would like to see some pics of the jet-boat in the water(with a sturgeon):smile:. Good luck and be safe. RAMSHOT.

Ramshot - I am going on Leaseman's boat as Peter has to work today - so our boat will be in the driveway heheheheheh

This is the first time I have gone fishing without Peter it will be a riot.

and pic will be coming for sure - packed my good cam

thanks for the tight lines and good lucks :)

newhunterette
04-26-2008, 06:25 PM
OMGosh what a wonderful day - beautiful weather and a magnificient host

Mike - thank you so much

I caught 2 sturgeon and had lots of nibbles - not huge but fantastic to me

first one was 3.5 feet and 2nd was shy of 4 feet - pics to follow once I get my landlegs again - 10 hours on a boat

created memories of a life time :)

Alison

Sideofabarn
04-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Sounds like a fun day Ali. Someday soon the ice will melt and I'll be able to get out fishing again. Looking forward to the pics. Oh umm, hold the floaties...

srupp
04-26-2008, 07:35 PM
photos...photos..photos..photos....lol

Steven

bsa30-06
04-26-2008, 09:28 PM

Steven

yep what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newhunterette
04-27-2008, 06:44 AM

Steven

yep what he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay quit yelling at me

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/fishing%20shots/DSC_0094.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/fishing%20shots/DSC_0091.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/fishing%20shots/DSC_0061.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/fishing%20shots/DSC_0040.jpg

rocksteady
04-27-2008, 07:53 AM
okay quit yelling at me

I have heard about "tree huggers" but now we know Ali is a "fish hugger"......

Silly question, as I have never fished for them, are they catch and release or are they dinner????

Dannybuoy
04-27-2008, 08:14 AM
Catch and release only for a few years now

rishu_pepper
04-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Wonderful stuff Ali! I have no idea what sturgeon fishing is like, but I'd sure like to try one day!

(too bad they're catch and release :wink: they make great table-fare)

newhunterette
04-27-2008, 09:06 AM
I have heard about "tree huggers" but now we know Ali is a "fish hugger"......

Silly question, as I have never fished for them, are they catch and release or are they dinner????

hehehe such a great fish - I wanted so much to take it home and include it as one of menagere of pets but happy to say sturgeon are catch and release only and this is the first fish I have ever released on my own - I know it wasn't the big dino everyone is usually excited to catch but for my first sturgeon this one will be forever my favourite :) - once I got it into the boat and Mike was holding it for me I walked past and it gave me a little smack with its tail on the backside - I knew then this fish and I were buds :)

bsa30-06
04-27-2008, 09:31 AM
GEEZ Ali quit cuddling with the damn fish and put it back in the water!!!!!!!

newhunterette
04-27-2008, 10:49 AM
GEEZ Ali quit cuddling with the damn fish and put it back in the water!!!!!!!

okay okay - sheesh - no one told me them little ones were so cuddly - glad I didn't get the pic of me giving it smooooch on the nose hehehehehe

kishman
04-27-2008, 10:55 AM
What a great day, nice lookin' fish.

Elkhound
04-27-2008, 11:04 AM

I did not know you had a little one........I thought all the kids were bigger.8-)

:biggrin:

newhunterette
04-27-2008, 03:15 PM
I did not know you had a little one........I thought all the kids were bigger.8-)
:biggrin:

hehehehehe I really didn't want to give it up - listened much better than my kids lol

now I am ready for the big ones

srupp
04-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Great photos..nice fish...arnt they a BLAST to catch....

Bye the way Mikes jacket looks waaaaaaaaaaaay better on you than him...lol :eek:

CHEERS

Steven

ps..we NOW found Michael Jacksons OTHER white glove hey Ali....

Leaseman
04-28-2008, 06:14 AM
Finally get a chance to look at Alisons thread.....:shock:

Yes Steve, My jacket does look better on her than me..... it is all shiney now from sturgeon slime...:tongue:

It was a great day with great company.... the first sturgeon Alison caught teased us for 20-30 minutes as it kept picking up and dropping the bait... I was up and down like a yo-yo waiting for it to take....!!

Boat ran great! A big thanks to Thomas (TNT Marine) and the boys for putting up with me and getting the merc guys to fix it properly....:smile:

Fishing is still a bit slow but it was nice to see Alison get these two little beauties... the 4 footer was fun as it decided to do a little air time and Alison had several other boats watching her fight this fish like an old pro!!

Spend Sunday out marking some of my areas again and did some fishing with Nick, my son.... bite was on better, but Nick was a little rusty as he hasn't fished much since last year.... ended up with a chunky 4 ft'r for him....

Alison, you and Pete are welcome on my boat anytime along with my older brother Steven....(boats now getting a little crowded!!)

Almost forgot...thaks for the gourmet lunch!!!

Rock Doctor
04-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Nice pics Alison,
Looks like you had a great time!

The rivers are JUST breaking up around here, I should be able to get my boat in the water as soon as this shift is over (Wednesday). Might have to jump a few "Icebergs", but that's all part of the fun.

srupp
04-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Mike...Im not sure...and PLEASE correct me IF I am wrong..however referring to Ali..as " AN OLD PRO" seems to be pushing if not obliterating political correctness...I am certain Ali is not "old" as for being a "ex-PRO " well that alone conjures up all sorts of possibilities that absolutley hurts my teeny brain...:roll:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Steven :biggrin:

Leaseman
04-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Stevie....
Alison is always rubbing how much older I am that her....therefore using the terminology of an old pro on a young lady with an old guide, catching old fish, just seems so fitting....:roll::twisted:

Hopefully it goes unnoticed by the Princess......:grin:

newhunterette
04-28-2008, 11:49 AM
hmmmmmmmm Steven and Michael - hmmmmmmm

Steven thank you for once again showing me what an absolute gentleman you are and as for you Michael - the compliment of old pro made me feel absolutely invigoured as being an old professional at hauling in fish - now that you have openly admitted it was to get back me for always reminding me how much older you really are than me (being so close to 50) not to offend you Steven as your age tells me how much more suave and debonair you are. hehehehehehehehehehe Mike next time don't forget you walker on board so you can keep up with me and those fish.

Steven when are you coming down here to fish with us anyways - I want to try out one of those fancy Accurate reels :)

and all kidding aside - Mike, you are a fine host and I learned so much from the day, about sturgeon that I feel ready to take on any fish now. And sorry I got sturgeon slime all over your shirt. heheheheheheh

I think anyone who gets the chance to be on your boat will leave with a lifetime of memories and have had some really great laughs and enjoyment.

Leaseman
04-28-2008, 12:02 PM
OK...now I am blushing...thank you Princess...er... I mean Alison....:roll:

Yes it was a fun day.... you are like a female SRUPP.... filled with fun and laughs...yes you are way better looking....but he has a big trailer....:mrgreen:

Alison, I will make you one promise, if you or you and Peter want to come out this fall, I will get you into a fish 1/2 again bigger than you are!!! That, you can take to the bank!

Mike

newhunterette
04-28-2008, 12:06 PM
hehehehehe I loved my fish Mike.

here are few more pics from the day - some scenery shots
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/fishing%20shots/DSC_0083.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/fishing%20shots/DSC_0073.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/fishing%20shots/DSC_0067.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/fishing%20shots/DSC_0043.jpg

Leaseman
04-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Ali wears TWO lifejackets.?????Talk about your being prepared...

Steven

She has to Steve.... you see the way I drive the boat....;)

Leaseman
04-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Hey!!!!

You are giving away all my fishing spots....that is why you had to wear the flindfold....:eek::lol:

newhunterette
04-28-2008, 02:13 PM
I dont remember the flindfold hehehehehehe

srupp
04-28-2008, 02:53 PM
of course you dont..your eyes were wide shut..

Steven