PDA

View Full Version : Where to go?

Spuddge
04-21-2008, 09:25 AM
I have 4 days off this week and me and a couple of friends are heading out for a bear hunting/camping trip. Any suggestions on where to go where the snow won't be an issue. I don't mind driving 5 or 6 hours (maybe even more), I live in Vancouver. I have a 4x4 and quads so snow isn't too big an issue, but 2 of the fellows with me are just there to camp, so I'd prefer not to set up the wall tent in the snow. I was thinking maybe Deadman River area or maybe the Whipsaw or possibly along the Lilloet FSR . Any advice on road conditions or areas would be great. Thanks in advance.

Gateholio
04-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Most of the snow is gone at the lower elevations around here, so I suspect the Lillooet FSR area would be clear, and you would have no access issues hunting down there.

BiG Boar
04-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Saw a big blackie out on the island on the way to ucluelet on friday. I would stick to lower elevations too. Apparently there are lots more bears out that way, though the ferry costs can add up, it may be cheaper to drive 6 hours on the mainland.

hunter1947
04-22-2008, 04:48 AM
I would head up to the outskirts of Princeton there are some nice bears in the area. Anywhere from outside the park heading east is good.