PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a good area to bag a blackie?

Paulyman
04-20-2008, 11:37 PM
I am starting to get a little anxious to get out and start the hunting season.I know of an area near Squamish which seems to have some good size bears, one year i saw one with a head the size of a big pumpkin. I am not a bear hunter but would be glad to take someone out to the area. My role would be simply to show you the area and then help pack the bear out. anyone interested?

I will warn ahead of time,there is a bit of a hike to get to the location

Paul

hunter1947
04-21-2008, 05:47 AM
Paulyman that is very nice of you to offer your knowledge and offer to help others on this site ,good for you ,you are a real decent person have a nice day http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.:cool:.

Paulyman
04-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Paulyman that is very nice of you to offer your knowledge and offer to help others on this site ,good for you ,you are a real decent person have a nice day http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.:cool:.

Thanks hunter 1947

04-21-2008, 07:54 AM
yeah,
it's guys like you that make it easier for first year hunters like my self get in to it. where abouts is the area you are talking about? do you think it is warm enough yet for the bears to come out?

thanks.

srupp
04-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Well done Paulyman...

Steven

Sunny
04-21-2008, 11:08 AM
thx for your information Paulyman. I will go there to try out

Paulyman
04-21-2008, 01:11 PM
yeah,
it's guys like you that make it easier for first year hunters like my self get in to it. where abouts is the area you are talking about? do you think it is warm enough yet for the bears to come out?

thanks.

Actually good point!

when will it be warm enough, i'm thinking a few more weeks???

pointandshoot
04-21-2008, 02:03 PM
i was in the back 40 a week ago and didn't make it too far. the road simply dead ended into snowmobile tracks (and i'm sure the dump of snow we just got isn't going to help any). i'm chompin at the bit to get out there as well...i might be clippin my blackie tag up in 100 mile in may if this wacky weather keeps up.

Paulyman
05-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Is anyone interested in going on a black bear hunting trip this weekend.I was supposed to go with someone else from this site, but because of school obligations that person had to back out.As i have said before i am not a bear hunter,i am just really jonesin to get out on a hunt! i have a pretty good location where i have seen some really nice bears.